Open in App
  • Local
  • U.S.
  • Election
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Education
  • Real Estate
  • Newsletter
  • News8000com WKBT News 8

    1 person hospitalized after Onalaska house fire

    29 days ago

    ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) -- One person was hospitalized after a house fire in Onalaska Thursday night.

    Around 6:30 p.m., the Onalaska Fire Department received reports of an active structure fire at 212 4th Avenue South.

    Upon arrival, crews observed heavy smoke rising from the back of the house. One victim was located inside and was evacuated to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

    The resident had three cats and a dog that all made it out unharmed.

    Officials believe the fire started in the kitchen. Jarod Benson, a Lieutenant with the Onalaska Fire Department, says the incident is a good reminder to double check.

    "This just goes to show the importance of cooking safety, proper working smoke detectors and never leaving kitchen cooking appliances unattended," said Benson.

    La Crosse, Holmen and Shelby Fire Departments assisted Onalaska in extinguishing the fire.

    ​COPYRIGHT 2024 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.

    https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=3E81kQ_0tKSOPqR00
    Expand All
    Comments / 0
    Add a Comment
    YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
    Most Popular newsMost Popular

    Comments / 0