CRIME & SAFETY
Three taken to hospital after car accident south of CB last week
A two-vehicle accident that took place Wednesday evening, May 24, on Highway 135 sent three people to the Gunnison Valley Hospital, but no one was critically injured. According to Crested Butte Fire Protection District EMS and fire chief Rob Weisbaum, both cars suffered heavy damage but, he said, “We are grateful that the three patients involved were not seriously injured. All three patients were transported to GVH for further medical evaluation.”
KVNF Regional Newscast: May 23, 2023
Authorities recovered so much stolen property from an Olathe home last week that the Gunnison County Sheriff’s Office needed a U-Haul to collect everything. According to the Montrose Daily Press, Gunnison County is the lead investigating agency for the cache of items reportedly stolen in Cimarron. Last Tuesday, Gunnison County Sheriff’s Office deputies served a search warrant at the Hickory Road address in Olathe, with assistance from the Montrose County Sheriff’s Office. Gunnison deputies located suspect Branden Distel, a road crew involved in U.S. 50 construction, and arrested him on suspicion of burgling homes in Cimarron earlier this year. Several items — including generators, a hot water heater, firearms and 14 sets of big game horns — had been taken from two homes in Cimarron.
- 1Nearly 300 killed in India train crash
- 2Cause of death revealed for man tasered by LAPD
- 3Children rescued from car fire as mom shoplifts: Police
- 4Ukraine says inspections found nearly a quarter of its air-raid shelters locked or unusable
- 5Judge strikes down Tennessee drag show ban
- 6GOP hopefuls appear at Iowa political event
- 7W. Virginia state trooper fatally shot, suspect caught
© 2023 Particle Media.