Open in App
  • Local
  • U.S.
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Education
  • Real Estate
  • Newsletter
  • OutThere Colorado

    Structure fire reported at 3-story building in Colorado Springs

    By Abbey Soukup,


    Fire officials have released the cause of the structure fire at three story Colorado Springs business Saturday afternoon, according to a social media announcement from the Colorado Springs Fire Department.

    Just before 3 p.m., CSFD officials said crews were on the scene of a structure fire at 660 Southpointe Center in Colorado Springs.

    At 3:07 p.m., officials said crews reported light smoke deriving from the building.

    According to officials, crews inside the building discovered a small fire resulting in some burning carpet. Crews reported the fire had mostly self extinguished, causing smoke to fill parts of the building.

    Fire officials believe the cause of the fire to be a lithium battery found charging inside the building.

    Officials said no injuries were reported as a result of the fire, and the incident will have no impact to the, "buildings operation."

    Expand All
    Most Popular newsMost Popular
    Comments / 0
    Add a Comment

    Comments / 0