Moms definitely deserve appreciation every day, but that one day each year where we go above and beyond to give mothers a little extra dose of love is coming up (it’s May 9, for those of you who suddenly panicked). There are a million ways to show how much you care, and publishing a story for Mother’s Day can be one of them!
News Break is launching our #HappyMothersDay content campaign to help our users discover amazing mothers and the best ways to celebrate moms around the country. We’re looking for content that is local, mom-related, and provides value to our readers. This means you can share amazing gift ideas and events in your town or spotlight a local mother doing amazing work in your neighborhood. Although all moms are amazing, this is not the place to simply write a Mother’s Day letter to your mom, wife, daughter, etc. Our goal is to provide content that connects local communities and improves everyone’s quality of life. We’re also excited to feature more local content from our Creator Program to our millions of users across the U.S.
Mother’s Day content campaign requirements* :
- You must be an approved News Break Creator (you can apply to become a creator if you aren’t one already)
- You must publish a U.S. local story on News Break about a topic related to Mother’s Day
- Each story must include the hashtag #HappyMothersDay at the end of the piece (content published without the hashtag will not be eligible for selection)
- Content must be original and must be published first on News Break
- All stories must be submitted to News Break by 10 a.m. PT Thursday, April 29, 2021
- Content must follow Creator’s Content Policy and Requirements
Three winners will be announced on April 30. Winners will receive gift cards** that can be used at local businesses or for local experiences. Our mission is to connect and empower local users, content creators, and businesses and we are thrilled to not just celebrate mothers, but also help support local businesses through this content campaign. The selection and prizes will be:
- Editor’s pick for best story: The first place prize winner will receive $400 to support local businesses. We recommend treating a special mother in your life to a delicious meal at her favorite local restaurant (takeout or dine-in depending on COVID-19 restrictions in your area) or participating in a local, outdoor activity she enjoys.
- Most shared: The most shared story will receive $200 to support local businesses.
- Most liked: The most liked selection will receive $100 to support local businesses.
Each selected story will be promoted on our platform to your local audience and to all our followers through our social media accounts. Creators are also welcome to enter more than once (with different stories of course, you may not post the same story twice).
Here are some examples of fun, empowering and local stories for Mother’s Day.
- This Orinda Mom Built a Thriving Food Business During Covid-19
- 6 ways to celebrate mom this Mother’s Day – and support local businesses
- Mom couldn’t find toys that teach kids about Black history, so she invented her own
- Fun ways to celebrate Mother’s Day around Atlanta
- Mother’s Day in quarantine: What Brooklyn moms want
- Mother’s Day activities in Denver to do with Mom
** Prizes will be paid through a Visa gift card. While we cannot limit your use of your gift card, we expect you to honor your use of the card.