A mother accidentally glued her eye shut after mistaking a bottle of nail glue for eye drops
By Julie Gerstein,2023-06-07
- Jennifer Eversole of Santa Rosa, California, accidentally glued her eye shut after mistaking nail glue for eye drops.
- The mother of six documented the accident on TikTok where more than 4.1 million people followed along.
- "Well, I've gone and done it. I have won the most idiot person award," she said in the video.
A woman accidentally glued her eye shut by mistaking a bottle of nail glue for her regular eye drops, and has been filming the whole saga for TikTok, where viewers have been following along.
"Well, I've gone and done it. I have won the most idiot person award," Jennifer Eversole, a mother of six from Santa Rosa, California, said in a TikTok post over the weekend that quickly blew up, receiving over 4 million views.
Eversole shared that she immediately realized something was wrong and felt an "intense burning, really bad burning, it felt hot."
"And then I shut my eye really, like, fast," she continued. "And I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing because it didn't get on my eyeball that much. And maybe it wouldn't have glued my eyes shut if I hadn't shut them, but I don't know what would have happened. It could have been worse."
Eversole said she called an ambulance to bring her to the hospital and documented the ordeal from the emergency room.
Doctors were able to pry her eye open (warning, it's pretty gnarly-looking!), but Eversole said her eye felt "scratched up" after the fact.
In a post filmed at her ophthalmologist on Wednesday, she said that her doctor told her the eye was "healing nicely."
@mamaeversole #stitch with @Jennifer Eversole it’s off!!! Thank God! #fyp #foryou #eyesgluedshut ♬ original sound - Jennifer Eversole
When asked how she could have possibly mistaken one bottle for the other, she explained that she doesn't have much bathroom space and keeps her manicure supplies and her eyedrops on top of her dresser.
"The kids come in here all the time, and this just kind of ends up the place where toys, lotion, cups — everything — gets put."
Eversole said she had used the glue to give her teenage daughter a manicure.
"My mistake was I didn't put it away afterwards. I remember thinking, 'I should probably put that away so that nobody mistakes those as eyedrops,' which is exactly what happened," she explained.
"I was distracted talking to my daughter getting ready to pick up groceries and I just grabbed it. They are the same size!" she said, while a green screen flashed images of the two similar bottles behind her.
@mamaeversole Replying to @•Bailey• #greenscreen he was not amused lmao. They are the same size in person but i tossed the glue out. #fyp #foryou #eyesgluedshut ♬ original sound - Jennifer Eversole
But lest you worry that another gluey mishap might occur, Eversole assured viewers that she's since gotten rid of the nail glue bottle for good.
"In the future, I'll get brush-on glue, and I'll still put it away. But at least if that ever happens, it's a brush, and I'll know it's not eyedrops."
Eversole did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.Read the original article on Insider