Open in App
KOIN 6 News

Kelso trailer fire leaves resident displaced, dog injured

By Aimee Plante,


PORTLAND, Ore. ( KOIN ) – A trailer fire in Kelso, Washington on Friday morning has left a resident displaced and a dog injured, according to Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters arrived just after 9 a.m. to flames engulfing a small travel trailer on Hawthorne Street that also threatened nearby homes.

Once residents were evacuated, it took 15 minutes to put out the fire. The resident of the travel trailer was able to escape in time — but his dog suffered some injuries.

Missing 5-month-old twins last seen with parents may be at risk, ODHS says

The fire was accidentally caused by a propane heater inside the trailer, which firefighters say is now a “total loss.”

The owner brought his dog to the vet, but there have been no further updates.

Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to

Expand All
Comments / 0
Add a Comment

Comments / 0