Philadelphia Phillies Bryson Stott saw a steep improvement towards the end of the 2022 season. If he continues to transform we could see an All-Star season in 2023.
Bryson Stott had a rough start in 2022 with the Philadelphia Phillies .
By the time the World Series was complete, Stott finished strong enough to be considered one of the top rookies in the league.
Stott scuffled through a 6-for-66 stretch but worked tirelessly to hit .276 in the final 64 games of the regular season.
When the regular season concluded, Stott was hitting .234 with 10 home runs, 34 RBI and 12 stolen bases. His defense steadily improved and he was firmly entrenched in the everyday lineup.
"The more times you do anything, it gets more comfortable," Stott said during the National League Championship Series. "There's some guys, obviously, you never get comfortable against them. But you just keep going, and you find their tendencies, and you just try to swing at the right pitches. That’s the biggest thing. You have to stay patient and you have to learn how to stay patient. It’s not easy, but I have so many role models here to see how they approach being a professional.”
With Stott’s work ethic, it wouldn’t be surprising to see him take another huge step forward.
Who knows, it could even develop into an All-Star caliber season for the ever-improving Stott.
If Stott is penciled into the lineup every day and gains confidence early, he easily could wind up hitting .280 with 15 home runs, 75 RBI and 15 stolen bases. Moving to second base to pair with shortstop Trea Turner should be a relatively easy transition.
Keep your eye on Stott this season. Possibly even at the All-Star Game.
More From SI's Inside The Phillies:
- Phillies Star Bryce Harper Doesn't Hold Back on Thoughts About Joe Girardi
- How Mike Trout Will Join the Phillies
- Could Bryce Harper's Favorite MLB Player Join the Philadelphia Phillies in 2023?
- Could The Phillies Soon Be Playing in Wawa Park?
- Bryce Harper-Obsessed Japanese Baseball Star Wants to Play for Phillies
- Six Philadelphia Phillies Declare Free Agency
- Rumored Phillies Free Agent Target Just Opted Out of Contract
- Jimmy Rollins Describes Disrespectful Treatment by Ryne Sandberg
- Phillies Release 2023 Regular Season Schedule
- Picking the Phillies' All-Time Single Season Lineup
Make sure to follow Inside the Phillies on Substack and Twitter !
Comments / 0