Open in App
South Charleston, WV
See more from this location?
WOWK 13 News

Dog safe after being in South Charleston, West Virginia, apartment fire

By Isaac Taylor,


SOUTH CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — A dog is now safe and sound after being in a fire that broke out in an apartment building in South Charleston on Wednesday .

Jocelyn was given oxygen at the scene of the Southmoor Hills Apartment Complex fire. While no humans were injured, Jocelyn suffered some smoke inhalation.


Thanks for signing up!

Watch for us in your inbox.

Breaking News

Jocelyn’s owner, Kirstin Clendenin, says it was heartbreaking.

“When they called me, they told me that she did die, and so I rushed there. The firefighter told me they brought her back to life and she was at the animal hospital. So, I don’t want it to ever happen again,” Clendenin said.

How much chocolate does West Virginia buy on Valentine’s Day

She says Jocelyn is going through some trauma and has a slight cough, but overall, she is doing great.

Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WOWK 13 News.

Expand All
Comments / 0
Add a Comment
Local West Virginia State newsLocal West Virginia State
Most Popular newsMost Popular

Comments / 0