The Hornets beat the Bulls 111-96 in their last meeting on January 26.
The Chicago Bulls (23-27) host the Charlotte Hornets (15-37) tonight. The Bulls are coming off a 108-103 home loss against the Clippers on Tuesday. Nikola Vucevic led the way with 23 points, 14 rebounds and four assists, and DeMar DeRozan added 20 points and five assists in the close game.
Bulls’ Injury Report: Lonzo Ball is out with a left knee injury, Javonte Green (right knee soreness) will also miss this game.
Hornets’ Injury Report: Kelly Oubre (torn ligament in left hand) and Cody Martin (left knee soreness) will miss this game.
Charlotte Hornets (15-37) vs. Chicago Bulls (23-27)
Thursday, February 2 – 08:00 PM ET at United Center
- Points Per Game: 112.3 (25th of 30)
- Opponent Points Per Game: 118.7 (28th of 30)
- Bench Points Per Game: 30 (25th of 30)
- Pace: 101 (7th of 30)
- Offensive Rating: 109.8 (30th of 30)
- Defensive Rating: 116.1 (27th of 30)
- Net Rating: -6.3 (27th of 30)
- Points Per Game: 114.3 (15th of 30)
- Opponent Points Per Game: 114.4 (18th of 30)
- Bench Points Per Game: 30.1 (24th of 30)
- Pace: 99.8 (14th of 30)
- Offensive Rating: 113.3 (21st of 30)
- Defensive Rating: 113.4 (12th of 30)
- Net Rating: -0.1 (23rd of 30)
Prevent Terry Rozier from heating up
Terry Rozier had 20 points on 6-of-20 shooting with seven rebounds and three assists in 35 minutes in Tuesday’s 124-115 road loss against the Bucks.
Rozier made two of nine attempts from beyond the arc against the Bucks, and the Bulls must replicate that successful three-point defense on Thursday.
That said, the 28-year-old guard has been reliable lately for the Hornets , averaging 23.7 points, 4.5 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 1.7 steals in his last 10 games. The Bulls must contain Rozier to win their 24th game of the season.
Take care of the ball
The Bulls led the Hornets by 10 with 5:52 left in the third quarter of their last meeting on January 26. The Hornets went on a 10-0 run to tie the game after Zach LaVine, Ayo Dosunmu and Vucevic turned the ball over and DeRozan missed a jumper.
The Bulls lost that game 111-96. They committed 13 turnovers that led to 19 points and the Hornets went to the free throw line 31 times, attempting nine more free throws than the Bulls.
Chicago ranks 11th in the NBA in opponents’ points off turnovers, and they regressed in January, ranking 20th in the league in opponents’ points off turnovers with 17 per game. The Bulls absolutely must take care of the ball on Thursday.
- The Hornets won the last meeting, 111-96 on January 26. DeRozan led the Bulls with 28 points.
- Chicago beat Charlotte three of the last five times.
- The Bulls are 6-4 in the last 10 matchups against the Hornets.
- Hornets’ projected lineup: Plumlee, Washington, Hayward, Rozier, Ball
- Bulls’ projected lineup: Vucevic, Williams, LaVine, DeRozan, Dosunmu
Comments / 0