ContributorsPublishersAdvertisers

Murder victim found inside barrel in Las Vegas identified

8 News Now
8 News Now
 2022-12-02

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1jreSr_0jVghn3R00

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Clark County coroner’s office has identified the person found deceased earlier this week inside a barrel as a 39-year-old man.

A public works contractor discovered Rene Olmos Enriquez Jr. dismembered inside the container. Documents the 8 News Now Investigators obtained indicate a tattoo aided in the identification.

Las Vegas Metro police arrested Ryan Bentley, 43, on Tuesday on one charge of open murder. Investigators suspect Bentley killed Enriquez at a home near Washington Avenue and Jones Boulevard in late October. The men knew each other, documents said.

Police suspect Bentley and another person dismembered Enriquez’s body and then bought a 55-gallon barrel to conceal the remains, documents said.

On Tuesday, Nov. 29, a person notified Clark County Public Works about an abandoned barrel near Quail Avenue and Palm Street. A public works contractor removed the barrel from the area and then opened it, finding the suspected human remains and bleach inside.

Inside the barrel, investigators said they found a torso missing its arms and head. The coroner’s office was working to identify Enriquez’s cause of death.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to KLAS.

Comments / 13

Shawn Vogann
12-03

They're trying to determine cause of death! Might have something to do with missing arms, legs and head. Just a thought.

Reply(1)
2

Comments / 0