People Are Sharing Subtle Signs That Someone Is Very Intelligent, And BRB As I Take Some Notes On These
I recently found this Reddit thread where u/Rich_Poem4078 asked " What are some small, low-key signs that someone is really intelligent? " and it sparked my curiosity. A lot of the answers in the thread were so thought-provoking, I had to share them. Here are some of them.
1. "They can frame and process unfamiliar things quickly as they learn them. They can connect them to familiar things easily both for themselves and in conversing with others."
2. "Quick understanding of concepts that they've never encountered before. When you see it, it's mad impressive. A friend watches a sports game for the first time and immediately picks up on the habits and style of each team. Someone who hears a complicated explanation of something and quickly translates it into something that makes sense. It impresses me every time I see it happen."
3. "Asking questions. Curiosity is the true foundation of intelligence."
4. "They are able to adjust their speech without sounding patronizing to the person they are speaking to. They pay attention to how other people learn and explain things in their terms."
5. "They don't go around telling other people how smart they are."
6. "Quiet confidence when in discussion and being able to discuss BOTH sides without turning it into an argument."
7. "They are comfortable admitting when they are wrong or don’t know the answer."
8. "They can debate without vitriol. Really intelligent individuals can present a well-informed argument while leaving emotions aside and without insulting their opponents."
9. "They make keen observations about minuscule things. Shows how attentive and aware they are."