Russo Brothers & David Weil Set FTX Crypto Scandal Series At Amazon
The FTX crypto scandal has found even more interested parties.
The streamer has ordered an eight-part limited series about the subject.
It comes less than 24 hours after Deadline revealed that Amazon was one of the bidders that is set to lose out to Apple to the rights to Michael Lewis’ upcoming book on the topic after the Moneyball author spent six months with SBF.
There are no details about which angle the series will take.
Weil, who worked with the Russo brothers on Citadel , will create and write the pilot with the Russo brothers in discussions to direct.
Joe Russo, Anthony Russo, Mike Larocca, Angela Russo-Otstot, and Scott Nemes will exec produce for AGBO, alongside David Weil and Natalie Laine Williams.
It is the latest FTX project to emerge from Hollywood after Deadline revealed Apple was landing the Lewis project with others including Graham Moore’s adaptation of New York Magazine ’s coverage.More from Deadline
- Amazon Commitment To 8-10 Films Annually: What This Means
- Apple Nearing Deal For Michael Lewis' Book Rights On Wild Story Of Fallen Crypto King Sam Bankman-Fried & FTX: The Dish
- Crypto King Sam Bankman-Fried & FTX Draw More Hollywood Interest From Graham Moore & Vox Media's New York Magazine
- 50 Years Of Thanksgiving-Themed TV - Photo Gallery
- Quentin Tarantino's Career In Directing Film Gallery: From ‘Pulp Fiction’, ‘Reservoir Dogs’ & ‘Kill Bill’ To ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ And More
- Feature Films That Began As Shorts: Watch The Originals Including ‘Whiplash’, ‘Napoleon Dynamite’, ‘Reservoir Dogs‘, ‘Saw’ & More