ContributorsPublishersAdvertisers

Suspect in 2007 St. Paul drive-by shooting arrested in Fla., will be extradited to Minn.

CBS Minnesota
CBS Minnesota
 2022-08-18

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=4dPvCP_0hLqq3YP00

WCCO Digital Update: Morning of Aug. 18, 2022 01:41

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz says he has issued an extradition warrant for a suspect in a 2007 drive-by shooting in St. Paul who was arrested in Florida.

Tajiddin Akbar was apprehended in Florida last week and is being held in Broward County, the governor's office said.

"There is no timeline on accountability," Walz said in a release. "Anyone who threatens the safety of Minnesotans will be held accountable."

Akbar was the third suspect in a drive-by shooting that followed a drug deal gone wrong, the governor's office said. The two other suspects, Lionell Thomas and Lamont Wilson, pleaded guilty in 2007.

Ramsey County Attorney John Choi sent the governor a formal request for Akbar's extradition last week, and authorities in both states are working out the extradition now.

Comments / 6

Steve Jenson
08-18

Good job officers. We forget these officers are looking for criminals, past, present and those who may cause harm in the future. You rock guys!

Reply
3

Comments / 0