Abbott activates resources ahead of tropical weather
AUSTIN, Texas (ValleyCentral) — Governor Greg Abbott ordered the activation of state resources as potential tropical weather developments in the Gulf of Mexico are ongoing.
“The State of Texas is proactively initiating preparedness measures for out coastal and South Texas communities,” stated Governor Abbott.
In accordance with Governor Abbott’s request, the Texas Division of Emergency Management is activating state assets including:
- Texas Parks and Wildlife boat rescue for mobilization
- Texas A&M Forest Service for incident management
- Texas Department of Transportation to monitor road conditions
- Texas Highway Patrol to search and rescue aircraft
- Public Utility Commission to monitor power outages as needed
The National Hurricane Center forecasts some areas in South Texas may experience 4 to 6 inches of rainfall.
Texans can access the Texas Hurricane Center by visiting gov.texas.gov/hurricane to learn steps to take ahead of tropical weather.