Firefighter, Resident Injured In Upper Marlboro House Fire
Two are injured after a house fire in Upper Marlboro, authorities say.
Officials were dispatched to the two-story home in the 3400 block of Village Drive North around 2:30 p.m. after reports of a fire, according to Prince George's County Fire.
Once on the scene, crews found smoke coming from the basement.
Searches of the residence came up negative, however one resident who had self-evacuated was airlifted from the scene with serious life-threatening injuries.
One Prince George's County Fire Department Firefighter was reported injured and has been transported for evaluation, officials said.
The fire has been extinguished and an investigation is ongoing.
to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.