New month means new laws – Virginia implementing over 16 laws on July 1st.
RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – Everyday life may change after numerous laws were set in motion on Friday, July 1st, 2022. These laws include new marijuana possession penalties, no ticket quotas for law enforcement, and alcoholic beverages delivered to your front door.How Virginians feel about new laws going into effect July 1
Here are some of Virginia’s new laws taking effect today:
- Alcohol laws
- Classroom materials containing explicit content
- Earned Sentence Credits (ESCs) expansion
- Lifting the ban on Facial Recognition Technology
- Allowing localities to opt out of the Marcus Alert System
- Medical marijuana obtainability
- Misdemeanor reporting for school principals
- Open Records requests
- Banning Police ticket quotas
- Publicly carrying switchblades
- Voting laws of absentee ballots
To read more about each new law, click BELOW:LIST: New laws in Virginia taking effect in July 2022 Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.