Blueberry picking season nears. Here's where you can go to pick them
Local strawberry season is pretty much in the books.
Next up for fans who like to venture into the fields and pick their own berries is blueberries that are expected to be ready soon in northern Ohio.
Most area farms that offer you-pick-blueberries say the fields are not quite ripe enough for the season to officially begin but will be soon.
The Greenfield Berry Farm in Peninsula is the first to open for the season.
It says the first to ripen are "a little tart" but "delicious" nonetheless.
Where to pick blueberries
Here are some places to pick-your-own blueberries:
- Bauman's Orchard, 161 Rittman Ave., Rittman. Visit https://baumanorchards.com/ for updates.
- Greenfield Berry Farm, 2485 Major Road, Peninsula. Visit http://www.greenfieldberryfarm.com/
- Hardt's Berry Farm in Medina County. You pick by appointment. Visit https://www.ohioberry.com/ for more information.
- Rittman Orchards, 13548 Mt. Eaton Road, in Doylestown. Visit https://rittmanorchards.com/ for updates.
- Walnut Drive Gardens, 2129 Randolph Road, in Mogadore. Visit their Facebook page for more details.
Craig Webb, who will never pass up a good blueberry, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.