Lea Seydoux Joins ‘Dune: Part 2’ as Lady Margot
Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson and Javier Bardem are returning for the Legendary and Warner Bros. film, which resumes where Part One left off, with Paul Atreides (Chalamet) fighting alongside the Fremen to free the desert planet of Arrakis from the grips of House Harkonnen. Seydoux will play Lady Margot Fenring, who in Frank Herbert’s novel is an ally to Paul and his efforts to avenge House Atreides.More from The Hollywood Reporter
- David Cronenberg's 'Crimes of the Future' Goes to MUBI for Latin America, Turkey, India
- 'Wild Roots,' 'The Story of My Wife' Win Hungarian Film Honors
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast -- Lea Seydoux ('Crimes of the Future' and 'One Fine Morning') [LIVE]
Shooting is set to begin this summer in Budapest, with Villeneuve directing from a script he co-wrote with Jon Spaihts. Mary Parent, Villeneuve, Cale Boyter, Tanya Lapointe and Patrick McCormick are producing the movie. The executive producers are Josh Grode, Herbert W. Gains, Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, Kim Herbert, Thomas Tull, Spaihts, Richard P. Rubinstein and John Harrison.
Dune grossed $400.6 million at the worldwide box office, earning 10 Academy Award nominations, including for best picture, and winning six Oscars.
Seydoux was most recently seen in Crimes of the Future , the latest film from David Cronenberg, and will next be in theaters with Mia Hansen-Love’s One Fine Morning, both films having had their premieres at the Cannes Film Festival. She is repped by France’s Agence Adequat and UTA. Deadline first reported the news.
A previous version misstated that Jon Voight was part of the cast of Dune 2 .Best of The Hollywood Reporter
- Lena Dunham on Her First Film in a Decade, Youthful Blind Spots and Hope to Reboot 'Girls'
- What Ridley Scott Has Learned: "We Don’t Know S***"
- Lady Gaga on Mining Personal Pain for 'House of Gucci'