Read full article on original website
House Dem. Whip Katherine Clark Deleted a Defund the Police Post Just Weeks Before Her Child Attacked Cops in BostonWild Orchid MediaBoston, MA
Boston's Oldest Restaurant Serving Diners Since 1826 Till Date From The Same Building That once Housed An Exiled PrinceMadocBoston, MA
Lindsay Clancy: Mother charged with murdering her two kids, attempted murder of her infant before suicide attemptLavinia ThompsonDuxbury, MA
4 Amazing Steakhouses in MassachusettsAlina AndrasMassachusetts State
The Best Neighborhoods for Young Professionals in BostonTed RiversBoston, MA
After adding Jorge Alfaro last week, the Red Sox are trying to add another veteran catcher before spring training opens next month. Boston is in talks with former Guardians and Pirates backstop Roberto Pérez, multiple sources said Thursday. It’s unclear if the sides are close to a deal. Pérez, who was limited to just 21 games for Pittsburgh last year, is a candidate to get a minor league contract at this late stage of the offseason but is believed to have other suitors as well. MassLive first reported Boston’s interest in Pérez during the Winter Meetings in December.
New Red Sox outfielder Adam Duvall is confident that advice he received from a well-known former teammate at the beginning of his career will help him successfully man center field in Boston. Early in Duvall’s stint with the Reds from 2015 to 2017, Joey Votto gave Duvall a tip he...
There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Boston Red Sox heading into the 2022-23 season and David Ortiz expressed his concerns regarding the middle of the team’s lineup. The Red Sox managed to lock up the centerpiece of their lineup when they signed Rafael Devers to an 11-year,...
With Rafael Devers locked up for the next decade, could the Red Sox turn to Triston Casas as their next target for a long-term extension?. Even though Casas has just 95 career plate appearances (and 32 days of service time) in the majors, it’s possible. Though Casas recently told WEEI’s Rob Bradford that he had not had any talks with the Red Sox, he appears to be just the kind of player the Red Sox want to discuss an early extension with. In December, after Xander Bogaerts bolted for the Padres, Sox chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom made a point to say the organization needed to get back to prioritizing extensions with players who have not yet hit arbitration. In 2022, the club got one done with righty Garrett Whitlock. Casas, Brayan Bello, Tanner Houck and John Schreiber are candidates for deals this year.
It was an unforgettable Winter Weekend for Chaim Bloom as he and the Boston Red Sox top brass were met with a chorus of boos from a frustrated fan base. The Red Sox chief baseball officer joined The New York Post’s Jon Heyman and Joel Sherman on The Show to talk about the criticism he has received from fans. With the team’s struggles on the field and moves off, Bloom has been asked about his decisions numerous times, and this week was no different.
Unsurprisingly, Red Sox top prospect Marcelo Mayer earned the organization’s highest ranking on the MLB Pipeline’s latest top 100 prospects. Mayer was selected by the Red Sox with the fourth overall pick in 2021 and at No. 9 on Pipeline’s list, the 20-year old shortstop was one of four Boston players ranked.
A year ago, the Red Sox made major league history by becoming the first organization to employ two female coaches. Now, both of those coaches have departed the organization. Bianca Smith, a minor league coach since 2020, and Katie Krall, who was a development coach for Double-A Portland last season, have both chosen to leave the organization, according to The Boston Globe. The Red Sox announced their entire player development and minor league coaching staffs Friday.