HBCU Players in the 2022 NFL Playoffs
The HBCU players in the 2022 NFL playoffs are representing the SWAC, MEAC, and Big South.
NCAA reporter Stan Becton provided a "deep dive" into the active, injured, and practice squad players on the 2022 NFL playoff teams. Currently, eight players hail from HBCUs from the SWAC, MEAC, and Big South.
This weekend, we will see players from Grambling State, South Carolina State in North Carolina A&T, reported Becton.
Here are the players in the 2022 NFL Playoffs, either active or practice squad participants:
Rogers, Williams, Gillan
- Chester Rogers, WR - Tennessee Titans
- Chad Williams WR *IR - Kansas City Chiefs (reserve/Injured)
- Jamie Gillan, P - Buffalo Bills (practice squad)
Hamilton, Hargrave, Miles
South Carolina State
- Antonio Hamilton, CB - Arizona Cardinals
- Javon Hargrave, DT - Philadelphia Eagles
- Joshua Miles, OL (Arizona Cardinals)
North Carolina A&T
- Brandon Parker, T - Las Vegas Raiders
- Mac McClain III, CB *PS - Philadelphia Eagles)
The Philadelphia Eagles and Arizona Cardinals have two players per roster representing HBCU schools.
Alabama (24), LSU (23), Michigan (21), Oklahoma (19), and Florida (17) were the top five programs with participants in the 2022 NFL playoffs.
HBCU Football Coverage
- Mark Evans II Receives Willie Roaf Award
- Jerry Rice Partners with Lay's Golden Grounds
- Is Today's NFL Black Head Coach In a 'No-Win' Situation?
- Jerry Rice on Being a Head Coach: 'It's Starting to Cross My Mind'
- FAMU's Markquese Bell Invited to the NFL Combine
- NFL and HBCU Legend Thomas Henderson Interview
- Prairie View Selects Bubba McDowell as Head Coach
- Deion Sanders, Hue Jackson, and HBCU Coaches Can Capitalize on Comments
- Celebration Bowl Attendance Outpaced Several FBS Bowl Games
- HBCU Football's Top Stories of 2021
- HBCU Coaches Are Masters in 'The Art of Flipping Recruits'
- John Madden Coached These HBCU Legends
- Deion Sanders to Rich Eisen: At Jackson State, 'We Recruit Up'