From Stimulus Checks to Social Security, a Look Back at Our Most-Read Money Stories of the Year
A lot happened in the world of finances in 2021. The IRS continued issuing its second round of Economic Impact Payments in January and another round in March, and some states issued a fourth round of stimulus checks as well. In the world of Social Security, the Social Security Administration announced in October that the cost-of-living adjustment for 2022 would be 5.9% — the highest increase in about 40 years. Yet a month later, the SSA said it could be forced to cut benefits by more than 20% by 2033 if Congress doesn’t find a solution for its dwindling funds.
Social Security Schedule: When the First COLA Checks Will Arrive in January 2022
Social Security 2022: How the COLA Will Increase Benefits for the Average Senior Couple
With so much happening in the news around these topics that have the potential to affect our readers’ wallets, it’s no wonder that many of GOBankingRates’ most-read money stories of the year are centered around these themes.
Here’s a look back at the top 10 money stories of 2021.
- Will There Be a Fourth Stimulus Check? How Much Will It Be? All Your Questions Answered
- Your Third Stimulus Check Could Be Eligible for a Bonus Payment
- Fourth Stimulus Checks Are Coming From These States — Is Yours on the List?
- 5 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About Social Security
- What Income Level Is Considered Middle Class in Your State?
- Fourth Stimulus Checks Now On the Table – Here’s How You’d Get the Money
- $1,400 Stimulus May Be on the Way — This Time From Your State
- Stimulus Update: States Give Out Thousands of Bonus $1,000 Checks – Will You Get One?
- New Stimulus Perk Helps Pay for Your WiFi and Laptop
- Here’s Why Your Stimulus Check Might Still Be Pending
- The 5 Fastest Ways To Become Rich, According To Experts
- Social Security Schedule: When You’ll Receive Payments For The Remainder of 2021
- Newest Bank Promotions, Offers, Coupons and Bonuses: December 2021
- Should You Refinance Now With the Low Mortgage Rates?
This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.com : From Stimulus Checks to Social Security, a Look Back at Our Most-Read Money Stories of the Year