7 More Unique Restaurants In Missouri That Will Give You An Unforgettable Dining Experience
Missourians know a whole lot about good food. After all, we live in state that’s positively brimming with unique eateries — pizza joints, burgers stands, classic Italian restaurants, wineries, and traditional steakhouses. And, of course, we’re famous for some of the most crave-worthy cuisine in the country — toasted ravioli, finger-lickin’ barbecue, and the world-famous gooey butter cake… we’re in a food coma just thinking about it. Our point is: the food scene in the Show-Me State is amazing, and you’ll also find some of the most unique restaurants in the country right here in Missouri, too! We’ve shared some of our favorites before, but here are seven *more* unique restaurants sure to give you an unforgettable dining experience. Bon appetite!
1. Undercliff Bar and Grill, Tipton Ford, JoplinOne of the most unique restaurants in Missouri, dining at Undercliff Bar and Grill is an experience. Besides the unique location under a cliff, this made-to-order burger joint is special for many other reasons. They are not fast food, and take pride in taking time with your order to make it perfect. While you are waiting, you can enjoy the cozy atmosphere and have a few drinks with friends. They make their own chips fresh with each order, and besides standard American fare, they also have specialties like Frito Chili Pie and Spaghetti Red. Both dishes are made with their signature house chili.
2. Carl's Drive In, BrentwoodThis classic Route 66-themed burger joint is a place where time stands still. Despite being extremely small, it is usually filled beyond capacity during peak hours, and definitely worth fighting the “crowd.” Everything is up close and personal, with food cooked to order within inches of those lucky enough to have snagged a stool. Don’t leave without trying their custom-brewed root beer, which they claim to be from the original IBC recipe. Oh, and the burgers? Out-of-this-world good!
3. Spencer's Grill, KirkwoodA hometown favorite located in the heart of downtown Kirkwood, Spencer's Grill has been serving Kirkwood diners from that same spot since 1947. Best known for their traditional breakfast items, Spencer's cooks up pancakes and omelets and all the rest with consistent tastiness -- and these delicious dishes are available all day long! This Route 66 eatery also offers lunch with a variety of sandwiches and burgers. Pro tip: get "The Isabel" -- it's downright delicious!
4. Lamberts, SikestonYou’ve probably heard about Lambert’s Cafe , home of the "throwed rolls.” But list of unique restaurants in Missouri would simply not be complete without their inclusion. They have three locations, the most well-known being the original one in the town of Sikeston. People come from all over to dine on generous servings of food, all while having some fun and allowing people to throw rolls at them!
5. Kehde's BBQ in SedaliaFamily-owned for three generations, this barbecue spot is located in a classic 1920s train car! Besides barbecue, they also serve croissants, sandwiches, burritos, and their famous Posh potatoes. Dining at Kehde's Barbeque is a total, only-in-Missouri experience.
6. Blueberry Hill, St. LouisThis St. Louis landmark is most famous for Chuck Berry performances on the third Wednesday of each month in the Duck Room. He once played every single month from 1996 through his 88th birthday week in October 2014. Besides Chuck Berry and the Duck Room, the restaurant is also famous for its decor, its cheeseburger and its darts room. Since opening in 1972, the restaurant has expanded into the adjacent spaces to the east and the west, and it now occupies an entire block of Delmar Boulevard. Outside the restaurant, you’ll find the St. Louis Walk of Fame by Joe Edwards, lining the sidewalks on both sides of Delmar, and made up of bronze stars and informative biographical plaques honoring St. Louis-area natives who have made major national contributions to American cultural heritage.
7. The White Rose Café, UnionA Union downtown landmark for more than 75 years, the family-owned and operated White Rose Café originally started as a single pump gas station! It has changed and grown over the years into the 116 seat cafe it is today, serving home-style country food, breakfast all day, and evening specials. Most interestingly, they celebrate their anniversary each year with a car show held on the first Sunday of every June. Unlike a lot of car shows, everyone is invited to participate! There are motorcycles, old and new cars, trucks, classics and everything in between.
There sure are some wholly unique restaurants in Missouri. Have we missed one of your favorites? Give them a shout out by nominating them to be considered for an upcoming Only In Missouri article!
Missouri really is a paradise for foodies. For a full primer in the best our state has to offer, you’ll want to read and bookmark this article: The Ultimate Guide To The Best Restaurants In Missouri — Pizzas, Tacos, Ice Cream, And More! In it, we share some of our favorite eateries across the state, all of which belong on your Missouri bucket list! Have you visited any of these spots before?
The post 7 More Unique Restaurants In Missouri That Will Give You An Unforgettable Dining Experience appeared first on Only In Your State .