ContributorsPublishersAdvertisers

Conor McGregor facing charges after allegedly punching Italian DJ in Rome

USA TODAY Sports Media Group
USA TODAY Sports Media Group
 2021-10-21
https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=2HApOh_0cYJ51x400

Italian DJ Francesco Facchinetti has formally pressed charges against Conor McGregor following an alleged attack in Rome this past Saturday.

According to a report by CNN, Facchinetti and his lawyer formally filed the charges Tuesday and commented they did so “because the world needs to know the fact that he is dangerous” in reference to McGregor. The Carabinieri police in Mariano Comasco, Como, Italy confirmed the charges had been filed.

The alleged incident took place at St-Regis Hotel when Facchinetti and his group attempted to leave a party McGregor and his fiancee, Dee Devlin, also were in attendance for. Facchinetti said McGregor hit him in the nose and mouth, which caused a concussion and a broken nose.

A St-Regis Hotel representative confirmed to CNN that the hotel is working with police and handed over its surveillance footage.

“I took a punch for nothing,” Facchinetti said on his Instagram Stories in the hours following the alleged incident, as translated from Italian by Pro Sports Extra. “That punch could go to anyone. My friends, my wife, or other friends. That’s why I decided to sue Conor McGregor because he is a violent and dangerous person.”

Facchinetti’s wife, Wilma Helena Faissol, too, shared a detailed account on her Instagram Stories of what she witnessed.

“Out of nowhere he threw a punch in the face of Francesco,” Faissol said. “(McGregor) was inviting us to another party. Francesco said, ‘OK, let’s go,’ and he hit him. Luckily, (Francesco) was very close so (McGregor) couldn’t load up (his punch). Francesco flew back, fell on the table, and then on the ground. The first thing that came to mind was, ‘Are we kidding? Is it a show?’

“Then I was paralyzed. I turned around and saw that his friends were holding him against the wall because he wanted to continue beating Francesco. Then they took him away. I turned on the light, and the guards turned them off. Francesco was bleeding. I wanted to help him, and the guards chased us away.”

This latest accusation is the second time in two months that McGregor has been accused of getting physical with a celebrity. On the VMAs red carpet Sept. 12 in New York, McGregor was involved in a scuffle with rapper Machine Gun Kelly and actress Megan Fox.

When asked Tuesday about the incident, UFC president Dana White declined to comment and added he didn’t know enough about it.

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=3K9aPO_0cYJ51x400

Comments / 0

Comments / 0