YouTuber, 33, who ‘invaded the Oval cricket ground and collided with England batsman Jonny Bairstow’ will stand trial next March
A YouTuber who ran onto the Oval cricket ground and bumped into England batsman Jonny Bairstow will stand trial next spring.
Mr Jarvis, who was wearing a cricket kit with ‘Jarvo 69’ on his back, bumped into Bairstow, sparking an angry exchange with the Yorkshireman.
Prosecutors accused Mr Jarvis of aggravated trespass at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today.
Mr Jarvis wore black tracksuit bottoms, a t-shirt with a skull print and a charcoal hoodie to court and denied aggravated trespass.
The YouTuber has an account with more than 163,000 subscribers and is known for filming himself pranking people, which he then uploads to the Internet.
The video Mr Jarvis uploaded of himself bumping into Bairstow has racked up 3.9 million views on YouTube.
The Kent man only spoke in court to confirm his name, address and date of birth before pleading not guilty to the single charge.
Prosecutor Frances McCormack said Jarvis entered the ground from the Oval's Vauxhall end and bowled at middle order batsman Pope.
‘As he did so he collided with Johnny Bairstow causing him to stumble and fall,’ she added.
‘The television broadcast which was taking place at the time had to be suspended until the defendant had to be removed from the pitch so the game could continue.'
Ms McCormack said the incident caused ‘significant disruption’ to the game.
Bruce Reid, defending Jarvis, said there was ‘no intention to commit any offence’.
The YouTube prankster had previously walked out with the India team at Lord’s and appeared in full batting kit at Emerald Headingley, Leeds.
Mr Jarvis' most successful video, which has over 25 million views, involved him dressing as a soldier in the Queen’s Guard.
Magistrates granted Mr Jarvis unconditional bail ahead of his trial on March 23 next year.