Rice vs. Southern Miss College Football Odds, Plays and Insights
Check out odds, insights and more in our betting preview for the Rice Owls vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles college football matchup on October 2, 2021.
Oddsmakers project a competitive game when the Rice Owls (1-3, 0-0 C-USA) host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-3, 0-0 C-USA) on Saturday, October 2, 2021 in a matchup between C-USA foes at Rice Stadium. Rice is favored by 2.5 points. The point total is set at 45 for the contest.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter .
Odds for Rice vs. Southern Miss
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook .
- Rice has combined with its opponents to score more than 45 points in all four games this season.
- Southern Miss has combined with its opponents to score more than 45 points in one game this season.
- The two teams combine to score 34.8 points per game, 10.2 less than the over/under in this contest.
- This contest's total is 27.3 points fewer than the 72.3 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2021.
- Owls games this season feature an average total of 51.8 points, a number 6.8 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
- In 2021, games involving the Golden Eagles have averaged a total of 52.9 points, 7.9 more than the set total in this contest.
Rice Stats and Trends
- Rice is winless against the spread this year.
- The Owls have yet to cover the spread this season when favored by 2.5 points or more.
- Rice's games this year have gone over the point total in all four opportunities.
- The Owls average 10.8 fewer points per game (18.0) than the Golden Eagles allow (28.8).
- The Owls average only 18.2 more yards per game (356.0), than the Golden Eagles allow per contest (337.8).
- This year, the Owls have turned the ball over 10 times, five more than the Golden Eagles' takeaways (5).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Rice at SISportsbook .
Southern Miss Stats and Trends
- Thus far this season Southern Miss has one win against the spread.
- The Golden Eagles have yet to cover the spread this year when underdogs by 2.5 points or more.
- Southern Miss' games this season have gone over the total in one out of four opportunities (25%).
- This year the Golden Eagles average 26.7 fewer points per game (16.8) than the Owls give up (43.5).
- The Golden Eagles collect 195.3 fewer yards per game (266.5) than the Owls allow (461.8).
- The Golden Eagles have turned the ball over five more times (8 total) than the Owls have forced a turnover (3) this season.
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.