Cleveland Browns vs. Chicago Bears NFL Week 3 Odds, Plays and Insights
Check out odds, plays and more for the Cleveland Browns vs. Chicago Bears NFL Week 3 matchup on September 26, 2021.
The Cleveland Browns (1-1) are 8-point favorites heading into their matchup on Sunday, September 26, 2021 against the Chicago Bears (1-1). The over/under is 45.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter .
Odds for Browns vs. Bears
Odds courtesy of SI Sportsbook .
- Cleveland played 11 games with over 45 points scored, its current matchup's total, last year.
- Eight of Chicago's 17 games last season had more than 45 total points scored.
- The two teams averaged a combined 3.8 more points per game (48.8) a season ago than this game's total of 45 points.
- The Browns and the Bears saw their opponents average a combined 4.3 more points per game last season than the over/under of 45 set for this outing.
- The Browns' average point total in outings last year was 47.7, 2.7 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Bears in 2020 was 0.2 points lower than this game's over/under.
Browns stats and trends
- Cleveland put together a 6-10-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Browns did not cover the spread when favored by 8 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- A total of nine of Cleveland's games last season went over the point total.
- Last year, the Browns averaged just 2.4 more points per game (25.5) than the Bears gave up (23.1).
- Cleveland was 5-5 against the spread and 9-1 overall in games when it recorded more than 23.1 points last season.
- The Browns averaged 24.7 more yards per game (369.6) than the Bears gave up per outing (344.9) last season.
- When Cleveland totaled more than 344.9 yards last year, the team was 5-6 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- Last year the Browns had 16 turnovers, two fewer than the Bears had takeaways (18).
- Click over to SISportsbook and get the latest odds on this matchup.
Bears stats and trends
- Chicago went 8-8-0 ATS last year.
- The Bears did not cover the spread last year (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- Chicago and its opponents combined to go over the point total eight out of 16 times last season.
- Last year the Bears put up just 2.9 fewer points per game (23.3) than the Browns surrendered (26.2).
- Chicago was 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall last season when the team recorded over 26.2 points.
- The Bears collected 27 fewer yards per game (331.4) than the Browns gave up per contest (358.4) last year.
- In games that Chicago amassed more than 358.4 yards last season, the team was 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- The Bears turned the ball over 22 times last year, one more turnover than the Browns forced (21).
Home and road insights
- Cleveland was 3-5 against the spread, and 6-2 overall, at home last season.
- At home last season, as 8-point favorites or more, the Browns were winless ATS (0-1).
- Last year, in eight games at home, Cleveland hit the over five times.
- The average point total in Browns home games last season was 45.9 points, 0.9 more than this contest's over/under (45).
- In away games last season, Chicago was 5-3 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- The Bears were unbeaten ATS (1-0) as 8-point underdogs or more on the road.
- In five of eight road games last year, Chicago went over the total.
- Last season, Bears away games averaged 45.4 points, 0.4 more than this contest's over/under (45).
Powered by Data Skrive.