Sam Darnold and Panthers are 3-0. Plus, expert picks, fantasy advice and all the NFL Week 3 essentials you need.
- Which teams will emerge victorious in Week 3? Our experts make their picks .
- Tom Brady said this week that the NFL "is a little softer than it used to be."
- Rob Gronkowski back-tracked on comments made Monday night about film study.
- As always, we're here to help you set that fantasy football lineup.
About last night: Carolina Panthers 24, Houston Texans 9 – The Sam Darnold career revival continues as he helped the Panthers improve to 3-0 on the season (first time since their Super Bowl season of 2015). Tempering some of the enthusiasm in Carolina was an injury suffered by Christian McCaffrey .
Game of the Week: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Los Angeles Rams – The Rams went all-in when they made the blockbuster trade to get quarterback Matthew Stafford. Now, the red-hot defending Super Bowl champion Buccaneers come into SoFi Stadium in the Rams' first big measuring stick for their championship hopes.
Sneaky-Good Game of the Week: Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns – It might be the dawn of a new era for the Bears, who hope Justin Fields is the team's answer at quarterback for years to come. For the Browns, Baker Mayfield might have Odell Beckham Jr. back while Jarvis Landry is out at least three weeks .
Survivor Pool Game of the Week: New York Jets at Denver Broncos – The choice this week is the Broncos, who have won seven of their last 10 against the Jets and going for their first 3-0 start since 2016. Sparking their early season success has been Teddy Bridgewater , who has a QB rating of 120.7 through two games. Jets rookie QB Zach Wilson is coming off a four-interception game . Full disclosure: Previous picks were the Rams (Week 1) and Buccaneers (Week 2)✅.
Week 3: Picks, analysis and more
- Week 3 predictions: USA TODAY Sports' panel of experts has made prognostications for every game this weekend .
- Which 0-2 teams still have hope? Of the seven teams that are winless, which has the best chance to rebound?
- These teams avoided 0-2 starts: A win's a win, as they say. What do Week 2 victories mean for these seven teams?
- Ranking every team's backup QB situation: With several teams calling on QB2s this week, it's as good a time as any to examine which teams have the best depth at the most important position .
- Dawn of a new era at the QB position for the Bears? Rookie first-rounder Justin Fields could run away with the team's starting QB job.
- What to know about the Colts' in-flux QB situation: Carson Wentz's status for Sunday is unclear, and the Colts are keeping their options open .
- Cowboys players respond to Eagles coach's rivalry shirt: The Eagles' first-year head coach Nick Sirianni stirred the pot of the NFC East rivalry.
- Are the Vikings a 'cursed franchise'? Greg Joseph's miss of a makeable field goal in Week 2 was just the latest example of heartbreak for the franchise.
- Power rankings: See how all 32 teams stack up heading into Week 3.
Fantasy football: Get your lineup right
Our fantasy football experts have valuable advice to get the most out of your lineup.
- Fantasy rankings for Week 3: For your convenience, these position-by-position rankings were updated for this week's games.
- Studs, duds and sleepers: Here are some names to know going into Week 3. What makes Giants QB Daniel Jones such an enticing fantasy start?
- Waiver wire options: It's never too late to scan for quality available players to add to your roster.
- Fantasy stock watch: Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr are trending up .
NFL Week 3 schedule
NFL Facebook group: Join now!
If you love talking 🏈, we have the perfect spot for you . Join our Facebook Group📲, The Ruling Off the Field , to engage in friendly debate and conversation with fellow football fans and our NFL insiders 💪.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Sam Darnold and Panthers are 3-0. Plus, expert picks, fantasy advice and all the NFL Week 3 essentials you need.