Tampa Bay Rays at Boston Red Sox odds, expert picks and prediction
The Tampa Bay Rays (87-51) and Boston Red Sox (79-61) will play their 18th and penultimate game of the season series Tuesday at Fenway Park. First pitch is set for 7:10 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze the lines around the Rays vs. Red Sox odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Rays RHP Drew Rasmussen (1-1, 3.38 ERA) makes his seventh start and 32nd appearance. He has a 1.20 WHIP, 3.7 BB/9 and 10.1 K/9 through 56 IP.
- Rasmussen hasn’t gone more than 5 innings in any of his last four starts and has allowed just 3 runs across 17 innings in that span.
- He’s allowed 2 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks with 9 strikeouts over 8 innings in his two starts against Boston.
Red Sox LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (11-7, 4.88 ERA) makes his 27th start. He has a 1.36 WHIP, 2.6 BB/9 and 10.6 K/9 through 132 2/3 IP.
- Earned the win against the Rays with 0 runs allowed and 6 strikeouts over 6 innings in his last start.
- The Red Sox are 12-4 in his last 16 starts dating back to June 5. Rodriguez has just two losses in that span.
Rays at Red Sox odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Rays -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Red Sox -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Rays -1.5 (+140) | Red Sox +1.5 (-175)
- Over/Under: 9.5 (O: -120 | U: -105)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Rays 6, Red Sox 4
Money line (ML)
The Red Sox have been wildly inconsistent as of late. They’ve lost three in a row, won four straight, and now dropped their last two outings across their last nine games. The Rays are 7-3 in their last 10 and have won three of their last five against Boston.
I like the RAYS (-110) to win outright on the road tonight, coming off a dramatic 6-run comeback on Monday.
The Rays are 6-4 against the spread in their last 10 games and just pulled off a wild win over Boston. Boston probably has the edge with Rodriguez starting Tuesday, but Rasmussen hasn’t allowed more than 1 run in an outing since July 5.
Bet the RAYS -1.5 (+140) to cover the spread and win by 2 or more runs.
The total has gone Over eight times in the last nine meetings between these clubs at Fenway Park. The Over is 14-6 in the last 20 games between the Rays and Red Sox as they score in bunches when they meet on the diamond.
Bet the OVER 9.5 (-120) tonight.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.