Rev. Jesse Jackson joins protest for reparations at City Hall
Rev. Jesse Jackson participated in a protest Wednesday evening calling for reparations outside City Hall in Tulsa.
After the protest, Jackson attended the Tulsa City Council meeting to discuss a resolution for the Tulsa Race Massacre.
Councilor Vanessa Hall-Harper said the resolution is about acknowledgment of the massacre and truth-telling.
Part of the resolution includes an apology from the city and a community-led process to look at reconciliation efforts. Councilor Kara Joy McKee said it’s also a way for them to say, “how can we help?”
The council passed the resolution.
- Legal teams provide updates on Race Massacre survivors' lawsu it
- DOWNLOAD the 2 Works for You app for alerts
- City of Tulsa hopes to bridge the wealth gap
- FOLLOW 2 Works for You on Facebook
- ZZ Top, Cody Jinks headlines inaugural Born & Raised Music Festival it
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere --