Houston Community College and Arizona State University announces transfer pathways program for students
Houston Community College (HCC) and Arizona State University (ASU) have announced MyPath2ASU, a partnership program that provides students a seamless transfer experience to ASU.
MyPath2ASU enables students to take early steps to plan their transfer to ASU at the beginning of their study period. It provides tools for students to smoothen the transfer process from accredited U.S. regional institutions and shorten the time for degree completion after earning credits or an associate degree from U.S. community universities.
Both institutions aim to help and support students going through a transfer through this program partnership. The students will have access to personalized benefits when completing their transfer program, which will consist of:
- End-to-end learner navigation through course-by-course guided pathways,
- Assure the students’ course applicability by assisting them with apply to their associate and ASU bachelor’s degree,
- Guaranteed general admission to ASU and admission into MyPath2ASU major choice if all requirements are satisfying. Note that some majors have additional or higher admission requirements,
- More than 400 course-by-course guided pathways into immersion and online ASU degree programs,
- Students can track their degree progress by My Transfer Guide to minimize loss of credit,
- Connected experience through personalized ASU communications to prepare academically and build a connection to ASU.
“This is another exceptional opportunity for our students to seamlessly advance academically with a leading research university,” said HCC Chancellor Cesar Maldonado, Ph.D., P.E. “We are thrilled to enter this partnership to enable our students to explore advanced educational opportunities as they achieve their unique academic goals.”
Houston Community College and ASU will work together to promote academic degree pathways containing ground and online course offerings. The pathways will ensure the courses are applicable toward their chosen major/degree to minimize credit loss.