The best Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Recipe!
The King dip of all for me is Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip! Originally from Buffalo, NY, this dip is a classic! Although this is a classic, there are so many different variations of this recipe and I’m so excited to be able to share mine with you.
What is Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip?
This incredible and popular dip consists of shredded or chopped up chicken, mixed with cheeses and a mild or hot Buffalo sauce. Buffalo sauce is a peppery sauce that is most well known for its use in chicken wings. This popular American sauce was founded in Buffalo, NY but its popularity has spread to many other states.
How is Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip made?
The only ingredients you need here are chicken, Buffalo sauce, cream cheese, bleu cheese dressing, and sharp cheddar cheese. I also add black pepper and a tiny bit of Dijon mustard for to balance out the pepper flavor.
- Prepare your chicken. Ideally, you should use already cooked chicken because this dip is meant to be made easy. Shred or dice your chicken into very small pieces and set aside.
- Cream together the cheeses. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, blue cheese, Buffalo sauce, and most of the cheddar cheese.
- Add mustard, black pepper, and chicken. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Place in a baking dish and top with cheese.
- Even though it's optiona, I love adding green onion! It makes the dip that much better!
The best part about Buffalo chicken wing dip is that you can use anything for dipping.
While tortilla chips are most common, veggies are also a great choice! My favorite dipping vegetables are carrots, celery, peppers, and cucumbers.
How to store Buffalo Chicken Wings dip.
Be sure to refrigerate your dip when it is not being served. It lasts in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days. To reheat, cover with foil and pop it in a preheated oven for baout 20 minutes.
- 2 cups shredded or diced chicken
- 12 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together room temperature cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, 1 cup of cheddar cheese until creamy.
- Add in chicken, Dijon mustard, and black pepper and mix until fully combined.
- Spread dip onto a 9x13 baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven top with chopped green onions and serve while still hot.