Alabama Football Schedule and 2021 season predictions
Alabama football schedule this week
Week 9 BYEAlso Read:
Heisman Watch 2021: Bryce Young, Kenny Pickett boost Heisman odds entering Week 9
Alabama football schedule predictions, roster outlook
- (4) Alabama is 7-1 in the 2021 college football season.
- The team’s bye is Week 9, and is set between SEC home matchups vs. Tennessee and LSU (Oct. 23 and Nov. 6).
- Sportsnaut predicts the Crimson Tide will end the regular season with a perfect 12-0 record .
Alabama football roster outlook
All our predictions are based on the Crimson Tide starting these key players:
- QB – Bryce Young
- RB – Brian Robinson Jr., Jase McClellan
- WR – John Metchie III, Javon Baker, Slade Bolden
- TE – Jahleel Billingsley, Major Tennison
The big headliner here is quarterback Bryce Young. As a true freshman, Young was widely expected to stride into Tuscaloosa and be Tua Tagovailoa’ s successor right away. Mac Jones had other ideas, and not only beat out Young, but set the FBS record for completion percentage at 77.4%.
Young has a huge couple of acts to follow at the controls of Alabama’s offense. He’s also transitioning to a new offensive coordinator in Bill O’Brien. But make no mistake, the dual-threat dynamo has all the tools to be a star in his first full season under center.Also Read:
College Football Top 25 Rankings: Notre Dame climbs, Penn State plummets into Week 9
Week 1 – Alabama won 44-13 over Miami Hurricanes @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- When: Saturday, Sept. 4 @ 3:30 PM on ABC
- Spread: Alabama -18.5 (via DraftKings )
- Moneyline: Miami +650; Alabama -1000
- Sportsnaut Prediction: Alabama 41, Miami 28
Miami quarterback D’Eriq King may have had the edge in experience, but in his starting debut, Alabama signal-caller Bryce Young blew the seasoned Hurricanes veteran off the field. Young threw for 344 yards and four touchdowns, alleviating any concerns that the Crimson Tide offense would drop off, as Alabama rolled to a 44-13 victory.
Week 2 – Alabama won 48-14 vs. Mercer Bears
- When: Saturday, Sept. 11 at 4:00 PM on SEC Network
- Spread: Alabama -53.5 (via DraftKings )
- Over/under: 60.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 63, Mercer 7
This is the classic non-conference cupcake opponent Alabama routinely schedules to fluff up its scoring margin and add another tally to the win column. It’s not even worth dignifying with a lengthy blurb. Mercer had a zero-point-zero percent chance of winning going into Saturday, much less keeping this competitive. But hey, at least the Bears covered that enormous spread, right?Also Read:
Coming off first loss, No. 5 Alabama heads to Mississippi State
Week 3 – Alabama won 31-29 @ Florida Gators
- When: Saturday, Sept. 18 @ 3:30 PM
- Spread: Alabama -14.5
- Moneyline: Alabama -630; Florida +450
- Over/under: 59.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 41, Florida 17
After building a 21-3 lead through the first quarter, it seemed like Alabama would run away with this one. To Florida’s credit, the underdogs stuck around and made this one closer than anyone could’ve reasonably expected. In the end, though, the inevitable occurred: The Crimson Tide won — despite getting gashed for 244 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.
Week 4 – Alabama wins 63-14 vs. Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles
- When: Saturday, Sept. 25 at 7:30 PM
- Spread: Alabama -44.0
- Moneyline: Alabama -10000; Southern Mississippi +4000
- Over/under: 58
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 51, Southern Mississippi 14
Did you really expect anything else from Alabama? After narrowly beating Florida, Nick Saban used that as motivation for his team and they all took it out on Southern Mississippi. Frankly, we wouldn’t be surprised if the Crimson Tide started preparing for Ole Miss during this game.
Week 5 – Alabama beat Ole Miss, 42-21
- When: Saturday, Oct. 2 at 3:30 PM
- Spread: Alabama -14.5 (via DraftKings )
- Moneyline: Alabama -675; Ole Miss +475
- Over/Under: 80
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 34, Ole Miss 20
Lane Kiffin told everyone to get their popcorn ready and Nick Saban’s team put on a show for the fans. Alabama’s defense suffocated one of the best offenses in the country and dominated this game from start to finish. There’s no question who the best team in the country is.Also Read:
Why Nick Saban left the NFL: An historic coaching ‘what if?’
Week 6 – Alabama loses 41-38 to Texas A&M Aggies
- When: Saturday, Oct. 9 at 7 PM
- Spread: Alabama -17.5 (via DraftKings )
- Moneyline: Alabama -1000; Texas A&M +625
- Over/under: 51
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 38, Texas A&M 17
In the shocker of the college football season, the Texas A&M Aggies took down ‘Bama despite being heavy underdogs. The Aggies got out to a hot start and while the Crimson Tide rallied to score 21 points to take a lead, Aggies QB Zach Calzada came right back to draw the score even. Texas A&M finished the day off with a game-winning field goal as the time expired.
Week 7 – Alabama defeated Mississippi State, 49-9
- Spread: Alabama -17
- Moneyline: Alabama -950; Mississippi State +600
- Over/Under: 58
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 49, Mississippi State 21
Poor Mississippi State. The Bulldogs always seem to be on the wrong end of the Alabama football schedule, facing the Crimson Tide immediately after a rare loss. Bryce Young and Co. put a hurting on Mississippi State in Week 7, jumping right back into the CFB Playoff hunt.
Week 8 – Crimson Tide wins 52-24 vs Tennessee Volunteers
- When: Saturday, Oct. 23 at 7:00 PM
- Spread: Alabama -25
- Moneyline: Tennessee +1500; Alabama -5000
- Over/under: 68
- Sportsnaut prediction: Alabama 56, Tennessee 17
Another strong performance from Heisman candidate Bryce Young was all the Crimson Tide needed to ride against the Vols this week. Running back Brian Robinson also tallied 107 yards and three touchdowns to help power them to another victory.
Alabama football schedule predictions
Week 10 – vs. LSU Tigers
|Saturday, Nov. 6||TBD||TBD|
- Spread: Alabama -22.5 (via DraftKings )
- Moneyline: LSU +1100; Alabama -2200
Without cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. this matchup just isn’t the same. The LSU squad isn’t nearly as powerful as it’s been in recent past. Alabama will roll in this one thanks to strong performances from Bryce Young and Brian Robinson.
- Week 10 prediction: Alabama 41, LSU 23
Top 10 college football quarterbacks: Kenny Pickett? Matt Corral? Bryce Young? Who’s No. 1?
Week 11 – vs. New Mexico State Aggies
|Saturday, Nov. 13||TBD||TBD|
What a nice reprieve from the brutal SEC slate. Well, the conference schedule is much more of a tougher road to trek for any team not named Alabama, whose chances of losing hinge on a collection of blue-chip players all underachieving in spectacular fashion. Anyway, this is essentially a bye week for the Tide, or an exhibition scrimmage that just happens to count for yet another win.
- Week 11 prediction: Alabama 70, New Mexico State 0
Alabama running back Jase McClellan (knee) out for season
Week 12 – vs. Arkansas Razorbacks
|Saturday, Nov. 20||TBD||TBD|
Before a rivalry showdown with Auburn in the regular-season finale, the Crimson Tide get to feast on another likely cupcake opponent and will pick up an SEC win in the process. Arkansas didn’t come close to beating Alabama in 2020, losing 52-3. We’ll give the Razorbacks a little more credit this time around, but it won’t be a much better result.
- Week 12 prediction: Alabama 42, Arkansas 7
Week 13 – @ Auburn Tigers
|Saturday, Nov. 27||TBD||TBD|
- Spread: Alabama -16.5 (via DraftKings )
- Moneyline: Alabama -850; Auburn +575
The Iron Bowl is often anticlimactic and goes the Tide’s way. However, it’s an odd-numbered year, and for whatever it’s worth, in both 2017 and 2019, Auburn came out on top in huge upset victories to keep this rivalry extremely relevant. Unfortunately for Tigers fans, that trend will come to an end in 2021 as Alabama rolls in its regular-season finale.
- Week 13 prediction: Alabama 34, Auburn 16
Alabama Crimson Tide record prediction: 12-0