Green Bay Packers schedule and 2021 season predictions
Green Bay Packers schedule this week
Week 7 – vs. Washington Football Team
|Sun, Oct. 24||1 PM||FOX|
- Spread: Packers -9.5, (BetMGM)
- Moneyline: Packers (-450), Washington (+360)
- Over/Under: 49.5 total points
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 38, Washington Football Team 27
So much for Washington’s defense being the calling card of this team. While there’s a chance they get their miscommunication issues resolved by late October, this might just be a bad defense. Against Rodgers, Adams and Jones, every mistake will be exploited. The Packers should win this comfortably.Also Read:
5 NFL trades we’d love to see before November
Green Bay Packers schedule and roster outlook
- Packers’ schedule ranks 14th in projected difficulty, per The Athletic
- Green Bay will play five primetime games, including matchups against the Detroit Lions ( Monday Night Football ), San Francisco 49ers ( Sunday Night Football) , Arizona Cardinals ( Thursday Night Football) and Chicago Bears ( Sunday Night Football).
- Sportsnaut’s Green Bay Packers projected record: 13-4
Green Bay Packers roster outlook
All our predictions are based on the Packers keeping and starting these key players:
- QB : Aaron Rodgers
- RB: Aaron Jones, A.J. Dillon, Kylin Hill
- WR: Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Amari Rodgers, Malik Taylor
- TE: Robert Tonyan, Marcedes Lewis
- Defense: Land outside top 20 in latest NFL defense rankings
Week 1 — Green Bay Packers lost on the road against the New Orleans Saints, 38-3
- When: Sunday, September 12 at 4:25 PM on FOX
- Spread: Packers -4.5, ( via DraftKings )
- Moneyline: Packers (-225), Saints (+185)
- Over/Under: 50
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 31, Saints 20
It could not possibly have been more humiliating for Aaron Rodgers and Co . in their season opener Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. Rodgers threw zero touchdowns against two interceptions before being pulled with his team down five touchdowns in the fourth quarter . Green Bay’s defense also yielded five touchdown passes against zero interceptions to Jameis Winston . We’re not sure where this team goes from here.
Week 2 — Green Bay Packers defeated Detroit Lions on the road by the score of 35-17
- When: Monday, September 20 at 8:15 PM EST on ESPN
- Spread: Packers (-11.5)
- Moneyline: Packers (-550); Lions (+450)
- Over/Under: 48.5 points
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 31, Lions 24
Talk about a rebound performance from Aaron Rodgers and Co. here. The reigning NFL MVP threw four touchdowns, three of them to running back Aaron Jones. After trailing 17-14 at the half, Green Bay scored 21 unanswered second-half points to win going away.
Week 3 — Green Bay Packers beat San Francisco 49ers on the road, 30-28
- When: Sunday, September 26 at 8:20 PM EST on NBC
- Spread: 49ers -3.0
- Moneyline: 49ers (-175), Packers (+150)
- Over/Under: 50.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: 49ers 31, Packers 27
What a game for both the 49ers and Packers in Week 3. Green Bay opened up a 17-0 lead in the first half, only to see San Francisco come from behind with that seemed to be a game-winning touchdown drive. That’s until Rodgers drove the Packers down the field in less than 40 seconds to set up a game-winning 51-yard field goal from Mason Crosby.
Week 4 — Green Bay Packers beat Pittsburgh Steelers, 27-17
- When: Sunday, October 3 at 4:05 PM EST
- Point spread: Packers -6.5
- Moneyline: Packers (-300), Steelers (+240)
- Over/Under: 45.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 27, Steelers 20
Green Bay has now officially righted the ship after a season-opening loss to the New Orleans Saints. In Week 4, that included taking advantage of a much inferior Pittsburgh Steelers team at home. The Packers held a three-score lead heading into the fourth quarter, finding balance on offense and holding Ben Roethlisberger in check. This team could very well be for real.
Week 5 – Green Bay Packers beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 25-22
- Spread: Packers -3 (BetMGM)
- Moneyline : Packers (-155), Bengals (+130)
- Over/Under: 51
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 28, Bengals 24
Mason Crosby made 27 consecutive field goals before chaos arrived against the Cincinnati Bengals. Ultimately, Rodgers once again saved the day for this franchise and gave Crosby a fourth opportunity to win the game. Things should be a little easier against the Chicago Bears next week.Also Read:
WATCH: Aaron Rodgers trolls Chicago Bears fans after touchdown, ‘I still own you’
Week 6 – Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears, 24-14
- Point spread: Packers -4.5 (BetMGM)
- Moneyline: Packers (-200), Bears (+170)
- Over/under: 44.5
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 27, Bears 21
Rodgers is now 25-1 against the Chicago Bears, an unthinkable stretch of dominance. Chicago’s defense did a solid job containing the Packers, but you can only do so much for 60 minutes. Riding a five-game winning streak, Rodgers and Co. should be very confident with Washington coming to town.
Green Bay Packers schedule predictionsAlso Read:
10 bold predictions for 2021 NFL season
Week 8 – @ Arizona Cardinals
|Thu, Oct. 28||8:20 PM||FOX, NFL|
Entertaining Thursday Night Football games are double rainbows, you must appreciate them when they appear. NFL fans are getting a treat Oct. 28, with a TNF clash that could be one of the best NFL games in 2021. Expect Rodgers and Kyler Murray to make jaw-dropping throws with regularity, but the reigning NFL MVP gets the ball last and secures a win.
- Week 8 prediction: Packers 35, Cardinals 31
Week 9 – @ Kansas City Chiefs
|Sun, Nov. 7||4:25 PM||FOX|
Talk about an incredible back-to-back set on the Packers’ schedule. Green Bay will need the additional rest days after beating the Cardinals, because Kansas City’s offense looks better than ever. Patrick Mahomes is already almost impossible to stop and now he has a great offensive line. In a hostile environment against the best player in the NFL, Green Bay loses.
- Week 9 prediction: Chiefs 31, Packers 28
Week 10 – vs. Seattle Seahawks
|Sun, Nov. 14||4:25 PM||CBS|
So much for this being a 2021 classic on CBS. Russell Wilson is on injured reserve and Seattle’s defense is historically bad. At Lambeau Field, that’s a recipe for Rodgers and the Packers dropping 30-plus points by the third quarter.
- Week 10 prediction: Packers 34, Seahawks 20
Week 11 – @ Minnesota Vikings
|Sun, Nov. 21||1 PM||FOX|
Can the Packers contain Dalvin Cook? We saw what happened in November last season, he put the team on his back with a four-touchdown, 226-yard performance and won. But that was a 28-22 victory and it’s hard to imagine Green Bay’s defense being quite that bad under a new defensive coordinator. This will come down to the final minutes, we just don’t trust Kirk Cousins with the game on the line.
- Week 11 prediction: Packers 24, Vikings 20
Week 12 – vs. Los Angeles Rams
|Sun, Nov. 28||4:25 PM||FOX|
Even with more experience by this point in the season, the Packers will be starting a rookie center against Aaron Donald. On the other side of the ball, the Rams will find ways to attack Kevin King relentlessly. The end result is a victory on the road at Lambeau Field for Sean McVay and Co.
- Week 12 prediction: Rams 27, Packers 21
4 best landing spots for Aaron Rodgers in 2022
Week 13 – BYE
Week 14 – vs. Chicago Bears
|Sun, Dec. 12||8:20 PM||NBC|
Justin Fields is going to be a thorn in Green Bay’s side for years to come, potentially putting its fans through what other fan bases in the NFC North have experienced for decades. That time will come, it just won’t be this year.
- Week 14 prediction: Packers 28, Bears 20
Week 15 – @ Baltimore Ravens
|Sun, Dec. 19||1 PM||FOX|
Baltimore’s defense has been its greatest strength for years. We might see that change this fall. Lamar Jackson finally has legitimate NFL weapons around him and that makes one of the most explosive players in the NFL a lot more dangerous. There’s just too much for Green Bay’s defense to overcome, especially on the road.
- Week 15 prediction: Ravens 31, Packers 28
Week 16 – vs. Cleveland Browns
|Sat, Dec. 25||4:30 PM||FOX, NFL|
It feels weird to call the Cleveland Browns a Super Bowl contender, but they’ve earned it. They have one of the most dominant rushing attacks in the NFL, which will cause real problems for the Packers. But that wouldn’t have been enough before. After overhauling the defense this spring, Cleveland now has the arsenal to win at Lambeau Field.
- Week 16 prediction: Browns 34, Packers 28
Week 17 – vs. Minnesota Vikings
|Sun, Jan. 2||8:20 PM||NBC|
Sweeping your divisional opponents isn’t easy, there’s just something about a familiar foe that makes it a rare feat. But the Lions aren’t even trying this year and the Bears are also a work in progress. So, that leaves the Vikings standing in Green Bay’s way of using the broom. This should be another outstanding battle, but we’ll give the edge to the Packers due to the talent differential at quarterback.
- Week 17 prediction: Packers 28, Vikings 27
20 most dominant NFL dynasties ever
Week 18 – @ Detroit Lions
|Sun, Jan. 9||1:00 PM||FOX|
With the division locked up, Jordan Love makes his first NFL start. Green Bay hopes it will be a Mahomes-like moment, opening the door to trade Rodgers next spring and creating excitement about the new quarterback. We’ll see if this team’s dream actually happens, but they should beat Detroit regardless.
- Week 18 prediction: Packers 24, Lions 20
Green Bay Packers projected record: 13-4