Arizona Cardinals schedule and 2021 season predictions
Arizona Cardinals schedule this week
Week 8 — vs. Green Bay Packers (TNF)
|Thursday, Oct. 28||8:20 PM||NFLN/FOX|
- Point spread: Cardinals 6.0
- Moneyline: Packers +210; Cardinals -260
- Over/under: 51.0
- Sportsnaut prediction: Packers 27, Cardinals 24
It’s going to be all about the quarterbacks in this one. Aaron Rodgers has his Packers in the midst of a six-game winning streak. Kyler Murray is a top NFL MVP candidate with Arizona as the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL. In what should be a close game, we’re going with the Packers in a minor road upset.
Related: Updated NFL power rankings
Arizona Cardinals schedule predictions, roster outlook
- Arizona has three nationally-televised primetime games, including a Christmas Night outing against the Indianapolis Colts on NFL Network.
- Sportsnaut predicts that the Cardinals will finish with a 14-3 record
Arizona Cardinals roster outlook
- QB — Kyler Murray
- RB — James Conner, Chase Edmonds, Eno Benjamin
- WR — DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, Christian Kirk, Rondale Moore (rookie)
- TE — Zach Ertz, Maxx Williams (IR), Darrell Daniels
- Defense — Cardinals ranked 1st in the NFL this week
Week 1 — Arizona Cardinals defeated the Tennessee Titans on the road, 38-13
- When: Sunday, Sept. 12 at 1:00 PM on FOX
- Spread: Titans -3.0
- Moneyline: Cardinals +125, Titans -152
- Sportsnaut prediction: Titans 24, Cardinals 20
Kyler Murray and his Cardinals had it going big time on the road against a favored Titans team in their season opener. The third-year quarterback completed 21-of-32 passes for 289 yards with five total touchdowns, including this strike to Christian Kirk .
Week 2 — Arizona Cardinals beat the Minnesota Vikings, 34-33
- Spread: Cardinals -3.5
- Moneyline: Vikings +160; Cardinals -190
- Over/under: 51.0
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 28, Vikings 24
Murray is quickly putting together a stellar case for NFL MVP. He stopped throwing to DeAndre Hopkins after the first touchdown drive, getting his other pass catchers involved. It culminated in another phenomenal performance. Maybe the Cards should have lost, but great teams catch breaks when they need them.Also Read:
Predicting NFL playoff teams and Super Bowl 2022 winner
Week 3 — Arizona Cardinals win 31-19 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
- When: Sunday, Sept. 26 at 1:00 PM on FOX
- Spread: Cardinals -7 ( BetMGM )
- Moneyline: Cardinals (-375), Jaguars (+300)
- Over/under: 52.0
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 34, Jaguars 24
Trevor Lawrence against Kyler Murray. Two of the past four No. 1 overall picks. Two quarterbacks who do things in very different ways. Sadly, this quarterback duel was a bit of a disappointment. Murray had a nice day through the air, but no touchdown passes. Meanwhile, Trevor Lawrence turned the ball over four times.
Week 4 — Arizona Cardinals beat Los Angeles Rams, 37-20
- When: Sunday, October 3 at 4:15 PM EST
- Point spread: Rams -3.5
- Moneyline: Cardinals +165; Rams -200
- Over/under: 54.0
- Sportsnaut prediction: Rams 28, Cardinals 23
Well, this wasn’t necessarily too expected. Despite seeing Arizona win its first three games of the season, there was an expectation that the Rams would come out on top. They defeated the defending champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers earlier in the season and seemed to be a juggernaut. Instead, Kyler Murray and his Cardinals made a major statement against one of the best defenses in the NFL. That included Arizona racking up 465 total yards of offense and 27 first downs. Whew.
Week 5 — Arizona Cardinals beat San Francisco 49ers, 17-10
- When: Sunday, October 10 at 4:25 PM EST
- Point spread: Cardinals -5.0
- Moneyline: 49ers +190; Cardinals -230
- Over/under: 50.0
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 31-27
This wasn’t the potent offensive attack led by Kyler Murray that we saw over the first four games of the season. However, Arizona’s stingy defense was able to hold rookie Trey Lance and the 49ers’ offense to a mere 10 points. It’s wins like this that can make you believers of the Cardinals. Winning an ugly game.
Week 6 — Arizona Cardinals beat Cleveland Browns, 37-14
- When: Sunday, October 17 at 4:25 PM EST
- Point spread: Browns -3.0
- Moneyline: Cardinals +145; Browns -175
- Over/under: 48.0
- Sportsnaut prediction: Browns 31, Cardinals 24
Nope. These Cardinals are not pretenders. Even without Kliff Kingsbury and multiple players due to COVID-19, Arizona went into Cleveland and dominated a good Browns squad to move to 6-0 on the season. MVP candidate Kyler Murray threw four more touchdowns against zero interceptions and has tallied 17 total touchdowns and four interceptions through six games. Arizona has also now scored north of 30 points in five of its six games this season.
Week 7 — Arizona Cardinals beat Houston Texans, 31-5
- When: Sunday, October 24 at 4:05 PM EST
- Point spread: Cardinals -20.0
- Moneyline: Texans +1100, Cardinals -2500
- Over/under: 47.5
- Week 7 prediction: Cardinals 42, Texans 10
It wasn’t pretty early, but the undefeated Cardinals were actually able to cover as three-touchdown favorites over a hapless Texans squad. Kyler Murray accounted for another three touchdowns while completing 20-of-28 passes. Arizona held Houston’s inept offense to 160 total yards of offense. A tale of two teams this season.
Arizona Cardinals schedule predictionsAlso Read:
NFL games today: Full TV schedule, daily fantasy picks, best bets
Week 9 — @ San Francisco 49ers
|Sunday, Nov. 7||4:25 PM||FOX|
With San Francisco now in the midst of a lost season and not looking anything like a winning squad, we’re not liking this matchup for the team. While the 49ers and Cardinals typically end up playing close games, there’s a mountain of difference between these two teams.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 31, 49ers 20
Week 10 — vs. Carolina Panthers
|Sunday, Nov. 14||4:05 PM||FOX|
Arizona’s top-ranked defense should have its way against Sam Darnold in this one. We just don’t envision a scenario in which the Panthers are able to score enough and avoid the mistakes to keep up with Kyler Murray and Co.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 30, Panthers 17
Week 11 — @ Seattle Seahawks
|Sunday, Nov. 21||4:25 PM||FOX|
With Russell Wilson like to return for this one, we’re going to go with the home team to salvage at least one game in this two-game set. Sure Arizona is much better better than Seattle at this stage, but home-field advantage in late November will count for something.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Seahawks 30, Cardinals 24
WEEK 12 BYE
Week 13 — @ Chicago Bears
|Sunday, Dec. 5||1:00 PM||FOX|
Justin Fields’ struggles will likely come out in full droves against an elite-level Cardinals defense which presents major issues from a pass-rush perspective. And while Chicago’s defense should keep this somewhat close, look for another Cardinals win here.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 27, Bears 17
Week 14 — vs. Los Angeles Rams (MNF)
|Monday, Dec. 13||8:15 PM||ESPN|
Obviously, the Rams’ addition of Matthew Stafford changes the dynamics here big time. It’s also important to note that Kliff Kingsbury is 1-4 in his Cardinals career against Los Angeles . This must change if the Cardinals want to win the division. Look for that to be the case as the Cards take a stranglehold on the division.
- Week 14 prediction: Cardinals 27, Rams 23
Week 15 — @ Detroit Lions
|Sunday, Dec. 19||1:00 PM||FOX|
While Detroit has been competitive at home this season, there’s no real reason to think Dan Campbell’s squad will be able to keep this close with Arizona battling for a division title and home-field.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 38, Lions 17
Week 16 — vs. Indianapolis Colts (Christmas)
|Saturday, Dec. 25||8:15||NFL Network|
The Colts’ issues at wide receiver could come into play in this one. It will enable the Cardinals to focus primarily against the run while stacking the middle of the field with the likes of star defenders Budda Baker and Isaiah Simmons. That should be the difference in what will be a low-scoring game.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 20, Colts 17
Week 17 — @ Dallas Cowboys
|Sunday, Jan. 2||1:00 PM||FOX|
Did the Cowboys improve their defense enough this offseason to be seen as a legitimate playoff threat? What we’re seeing so far suggests that. In fact, Dallas has to be seen as a legit title conference contender. The Boys will prove that at home to open up the 2022 calendar year.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cowboys 27, Cardinals 23
Week 18 — vs. Seattle Seahawks
|Sunday, Jan. 9||4:25 PM||FOX|
Will Seattle have anything to play for here? If not, will its players get up for an otherwise meaningless Week 18 game? On the other hand, there’s no telling whether Arizona will have home-field wrapped up. All things equal, we’re obviously going with the home team here.
- Sportsnaut prediction: Cardinals 31, Seahawks 27
Arizona Cardinals projected record: 14-3