City Announces Business Excellence Award Winners 2021
Coral Springs, FL – The city is honoring businesses located within the municipal boundaries that represent a commitment to the financial vitality of the city by awarding them with the Business Excellence Awards 2021.
Regarding the Business Excellence Award Winners, Director of Economic Development, Kristi Bartlett, said, “Our business community was challenged with very difficult times during the COVID-19 pandemic after facing lockdowns, shutdowns, and strict restrictions. Though our businesses are still struggling to survive, they are the backbone of our city. They reflect the growth of our community and during this pandemic, they have reflected our city’s resiliency. Through this recognition program, we are proud to honor these six local businesses for their contributions, impact and commitment to our city.”
Winners are selected based on six categories: Company to Watch Award, Legacy Award, Small Company Award (Under 49 employees), Large Company Award (Over 50 employees), Heart of the Community Award and Commissioner Award.
The following six Coral Springs businesses were selected to receive the Business Excellence Award, in the following categories:
- Karma Bath & Body Co. has been selected to receive the 2021 Company to Watch Award. The sweet smell in this store makes people want to buy more of their cruelty-free, handcrafted, organic body & skincare products.
- Blue Stream, the home internet provider servicing the residents of Coral Springs for over 40 years, has been selected to receive the 2021 Legacy Award. The business constructed their own advanced fiber network to deliver an innovative array of products.
- Advanced Equipment and Services, a sustainable water treatment company headquartered in Coral Springs, has been selected to receive the 2021 Award for Small Company. By using technology innovations, they manufacture seawater desalination equipment to provide clean water systems in several Latin America, the Caribbean, and African countries.
- Lupin Research, Inc. has been selected to receive the 2021 Award for Large Company. Lupin, an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company, has a manufacturing and R&D facility in Coral Springs that focuses on the development of generic and specialty orally inhaled and nasal drug products for the treatment of asthma, allergic rhinitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, and other lung diseases. To date, the company has received more than 75 FDA approvals and has become one of the fastest-growing companies in the US.
- ScentsAbility Candles, a nonprofit organization that helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), has been selected to receive the 2021 Heart of the Community Award. Their candles are amazing made by very special people.
- Broward Health Coral Springs has been selected to receive the 2021 Commissioner’s Award. The 250-bed hospital offers a full continuum of care featuring a women’s hospital, surgical institute, the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, orthopedic care, specialized ER for Kids and a specialty summer camp for children with diabetes, as well as a community education center with a full array of classes.
These six success stories are featured in a video used to promote positive business growth, highlighted on social media and the Economic Development website. The Business Excellence Award recipients were selected and filmed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The winners will be recognized in a City Commission meeting on May 19, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
The Economic Development Office (EDO) is committed to ensuring “Business is Brighter” in Coral Springs by retaining local business and attracting new business. If you would like to learn more about the resources offered by the EDO, please visit the Economic Development’s website or contact Yuu Soubra at (954) 344-5771 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
*The Business Recognition Program was created for the purpose of giving formal recognition to Coral Springs businesses that have contributed to the economic well-being of the city and have demonstrated a commitment to the vitality of the city’s business climate.