Where You Can Get The Best Salads in Chicago For National Salad Month
Were you aware that May is actually National Salad Month?
Well, it certainly is.
If you're on board, let's explore more.
Here's the 4-1-1...
"The Association for Dressings & Sauces launched National Salad Month in May of 1992, in response to a 1991 Gallup Poll that revealed that three out of four people eat a tossed salad at least every other day."
Remember when your mom used to tell you to "eat your salad?"
She was right. Salads are good for your health and provide an array of benefits.
Here are some to consider. Food for thought...
- Salads are a good source of fiber. Which can help lower cholestrol and prevent constipation.
- They are a smart and easy way to add the recommended fruits and vegetables to your daily diet.
- Salads are easy to prepare; especially for those who are cooking challenged.
- Salads can incentivize you to finally start your herb garden this summer.
- Salads can contain ingredients that serve as Antioxidants; thereby potentially lowering the risk of Cancer.
- They can help in weight loss. Which is great for writers who often maintain sedentary lifestyles and a fondness for chocolate. :-)
You can check out more benefits here:
HERE ARE A FEW PLACES TO GRAB A GOOD, HEALTHY SALAD IN THE WINDY CITY:
- JEWEL FOODS and FOOD FOR LESS
Both provide an array of fresh salads to suit you. From egg salads, to lettuce salads, and more. Grab one and go.
- MCDONALD'S and WENDY'S RESTAURANTS
In addition to their popular burger options, these eateries offer inexpensive salad alternatives for today's health conscious patrons.