Virtual City Council Meetings
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency and directives from the Governor’s Office and Public Health Authorities, until further notice, City Council meetings and hearings are being held remotely via the Zoom Platform. While in-person attendance at meetings has temporarily halted, the public can attend meetings virtually and participate electronically.
You may watch a live feed of the meeting online; join the meeting via Zoom Webinar; or listen to the Meeting over the telephone.
Members of the public are provided opportunities for public comment by submitting written comment or calling into the meeting to provide oral comments. To provide oral comments via Zoom you must sign-up by 6:30 p.m. the night of the meeting. Please see the below links to access all of these options:
TO VIEW ONLY:
- Watch live streaming video of the Meeting at yourrialto.com/watch-a-city-meeting/
- Council Meetings are broadcast live on the City’s television station, Rialto Network. Spectrum Channel 3, and AT&T Channel 99.
- Attend the Meeting via Zoom Webinar: https://zoom.us/j/94152325262 You do not have to speak.
- Call into the Live Meeting: (669) 900-9128 Webinar ID:941 5232 5262
The Council provides opportunities for public comment at all Regular Meetings.
Written Public Comments can be submitted to the Rialto City Clerks office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular meetings are opportunities for Council discussion and for the Council to gain information on particular items from staff. These items are listed on the agenda as TAB Items or on the Consent Calendar. The Council has had the opportunity to hear from staff and the public and to discuss the item in detail and is prepared to make a final decision.
At the beginning of regular meetings, the public is invited to provide input on agenda items, which are not of a quasi-judicial nature, or any topic not on the agenda. Below are the procedures that will be followed for public comment:
- During the “Oral Communication” portion of regular meetings, members of the public may address the City Council for Five (5) minutes on any topic including agenda items.
- Individuals will be required to sign up prior to the start of the Public Comment period and those individuals wishing to speak to agenda items will be called in the order in which they have signed up.
All agendas are posted in the City Hall Administration Building (150 South Palm Avenue, Rialto) at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. All writings that relate to an agenda item for an open session of a regular meeting of the City Council distributed to all, or a majority, of the Council Members also shall be made available, at the same time but not sooner than 72 hours before a regular meeting, for public inspection in the Office of the City Clerk located at 290 West Rialto Avenue, Rialto, California (909-820-2519) from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, and on the
City’s website at www.rialtoca.gov
Any person having a question concerning any agenda item may call the City Clerk’s office to make inquiry concerning the nature of the item described on the agenda.