Open in App
  • Local
  • U.S.
  • Election
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Education
  • Real Estate
  • Newsletter
  • New York Post

    Family hospitalized while getting their pool ready for summer

    By Fox News,

    30 days ago

    https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1RqykM_0trSyuNL00

    Five people in Ohio were reportedly injured Thursday from a chemical reaction while getting their swimming pool ready for the summer season.

    The homeowner in the Cleveland suburb of Eastlake was prepping chlorine inside a home for their backyard pool when the chemical reaction occurred, the Eastlake Fire Department said, News 5 Cleveland reported.

    I take my son to the pool so I don’t have to give him a bath — haters say it’s gross

    Three adults and two children were taken to a hospital in stable condition, authorities said. The incident is under investigation.

    Each year, thousands of Americans are injured by the widely-used chemicals designed to sanitize swimming pools.

    From 2015 to 2017, latest figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), pool chemical injuries resulted in an estimated 13,508 emergency department visits, most involving children. Most of the injuries occurred at home, and two thirds occurred during the summer swimming season, the agency said.

    Neighbors fuming over rowdy ‘wet dreams’-themed pool party that drew hundreds in tony hood

    Exposure to chlorine has seriously injured people in recent years.

    Twelve people, including several children, were taken to a hospital in 2023 after too much chlorine was put into a lazy river pool in Houston. Hazmat crews were sent to clean the infected area after the accidental spill.

    CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR MORNING REPORT NEWSLETTER

    In 2018, three dozen people were hospitalized after chlorine gas exposure at a California swim club. Fighters responded to the Shadow Brook Swim Club after a chlorine gas cloud formed at a swimming pool during a class.

    https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=0yK79n_0trSyuNL00
    The homeowner in the Cleveland suburb of Eastlake was prepping chlorine inside a home for their backyard pool when the chemical reaction occurred. News 5 Cleveland
    https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=16iZet_0trSyuNL00
    Three adults and two children were taken to a hospital in stable condition, authorities said. News 5 Cleveland
    https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=2fCfZ4_0trSyuNL00
    Each year, thousands of Americans are injured by the widely-used chemicals designed to sanitize swimming pools. News 5 Cleveland
    https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1KW5bw_0trSyuNL00
    From 2015 to 2017, latest figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), pool chemical injuries resulted in an estimated 13,508 emergency department visits, most involving children. News 5 Cleveland

    For the latest in lifestyle, top headlines, breaking news and more, visit nypost.com/lifestyle/

    Expand All
    Comments / 0
    Add a Comment
    YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
    Most Popular newsMost Popular

    Comments / 0