Sirens: Doing 'abnormal stuff'; Man defecates in front of business; Indecent exposure; Man fixes vehicle but steals from home; Driver jailed after chase
CHEHALIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A suspicious abandoned vehicle was reported in the 600 block of West Main Street just before 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 8.
• A male was reportedly sleeping on the sidewalk in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard just after 11 a.m. on Sept. 8. The male moved along without issue and declined aid.
• A homeless man who was “hanging out in front of the apartments, not doing anything but making the female residents nervous going in and out” in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard was moved along just after 11:40 a.m. on Sept. 8.
• A homeless man was reportedly “‘doing something underneath (a) blanket” and “just talking to himself” in the 200 block of John Street just after 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 8.
• “Someone with a flashlight and a duffle bag” was reportedly “reaching into a window of a business” in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard just before 4:35 a.m. on Sept. 9.
• A teenage male was reportedly “face down in the grass” in the 300 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue just after 6 p.m. on Sept. 9. The reporting party stated “it looks like they are partying/hanging out” and added they were “not too concerned about him” but “thought it looked concerning.”
• Just before 2:05 a.m. on Sept. 10, a homeless woman was reportedly taking photos of an employee at a business in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and became “argumentative” when asked to move along.
• An “older male” was reportedly seen dragging a 12-year-old boy “by the sweatshirt through the parking lot” in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way at 8:55 a.m. on Sept. 11. Officers confirmed the boy, “a ‘special needs’ child,” was “just returned by a parent.”
• A male subject was reportedly “digging in the ground” in a field in the 600 block of North National Avenue just after 5:10 p.m. on Sept. 11.
• A case involving a “suspicious person” reported in the 300 block of West Main Street just before 7:10 a.m. on Sept. 12 is under investigation.
• Just after 8:50 a.m. on Sept. 8, there was a report of a “male at the top of (the) stairs screaming and cussing” in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street.
• Just before 11:15 a.m. on Sept. 8, a male was reportedly “walking along the side of the road with a walking stick and (was) throwing things at the cars in the road and yelling” in the 2100 block of North National Avenue.
• Homeless people were reportedly “being disorderly, yelling, throwing trash and talking about shooting up” in the 10 block of Southwest Fifth Street just before 6:10 p.m. on Sept. 8.
• Someone was reportedly “throwing beer cans and yelling in the street” in the 600 block of Northwest St. Helens Avenue just before 2:20 a.m. on Sept. 9.
• A male subject was reportedly “walking back and forth, doing ‘abnormal stuff,’” “dancing on the railroad track” and acting “like he is ‘worshiping’ a rock” at the intersection of Southwest Sixth Street and Southwest Pacific Avenue at approximately 12:25 p.m. on Sept. 10. The subject told law enforcement he was “just getting a workout in” and declined aid.
• A female subject was reportedly “walking around being crazy, screaming” while holding “a handheld vacuum” in the 300 block of Southwest 16th Street just after 7:10 p.m. on Sept. 10.
• A disorderly male subject was reportedly “jumping in the lanes, stopping cars with a flashlight” at the intersection of Northeast Kresky and North National avenues just before 6:45 a.m. on Sept. 13. The subject was “warned to stay out of the roadway.”
• A male was reportedly harassing people in the 400 block of Northwest State Avenue just before 8:45 p.m. on Sept. 8.
• Just after 1:50 p.m. on Sept. 9, a caller reported a male was “harassing and stalking her” in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• A case of harassment via text was reported in the 100 block of Southwest First Street at 9:35 p.m. on Sept. 9.
• A case of trespassing was reported in the 800 block of West Main Street at 10:35 a.m. on Sept. 8.
• A case of possible trespassing was reported in the 100 block of Melhart Road just after 9:50 p.m. on Sept. 8.
• Someone reportedly trespassed on property in the 700 block of Southwest McFadden Avenue just after 7:25 p.m. on Sept. 9.
• A homeless male who was reportedly behind a dumpster in the 600 block of West Main Street just after 8:20 a.m. on Sept. 10 agreed to move along.
• A male subject was trespassed from a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 5:15 p.m. on Sept. 10.
• A female subject was trespassed from a business in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 7:05 p.m. on Sept. 10.
• A resident in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street asked law enforcement to move along a relative who was “sitting on her porch and (seemed) to be high on fentanyl” just before 8:45 a.m. on Sept. 11. The relative left the property when asked.
• A male subject was reportedly “smoking and drinking” on the front porch of a residence in the 400 block of South Market Boulevard at 3:55 p.m. on Sept. 11.
• A homeless male who reportedly “pooped in front of the door for a business” in the 200 block of West Main Street at approximately 12:45 a.m. on Sept. 12 was trespassed from the business.
• Two vehicles were reportedly parked in a closed park in the 1500 block of Rice Road just before 8:35 p.m. on Sept. 12.
• A subject was reportedly trespassing on railroad tracks in the 500 block of Northwest Front Street just after 1:20 a.m. on Sept. 13.
• Graffiti was reported in the 2400 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue just after 10:35 a.m. on Sept. 8. The reporting party stated the graffiti appeared the day prior.
• Graffiti was reported in the 300 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue just before 7:55 a.m. on Sept. 9.
• Malicious mischief to a gas tank in the 1500 block of North National Venue was reported just after 9:45 a.m. on Sept. 10.
• A vehicle reportedly struck a couple of mailboxes in the 200 block of Southwest 16th Street at approximately 11 a.m. on Sept. 8. No injuries were reported.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way and Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 6:15 p.m. on Sept. 10.
• A vehicle accident with injuries that was reported at the intersection of Southwest 13th Street and Southwest William Avenue just after 2:20 p.m. on Sept. 11 is under investigation.
• One subject sustained a cut to his hand during a multiple vehicle collision at the intersection of Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way and Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 1 p.m. on Sept. 12.
• A hit-and-run reported in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:35 p.m. on Sept. 12 is under investigation.
• A brush fire was reported at the intersection of North National Avenue and Northeast Hampe Way just before 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 8. No arrests were made.
• A subject was cited for second-degree reckless burning after a campfire was reported in the 1500 block of North National Avenue just after 9:15 p.m. on Sept. 11.
• A hand sink was reported stolen from a residence in the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard just before 10:50 p.m. on Sept. 8.
• Alcoholic beverages, specifically 12-packs of Mike’s Hard Lemonade and Twisted Tea, were reported stolen from the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue at approximately 12:40 a.m. on Sept. 9. The male suspect was reportedly “wearing a woven ski mask over his face” and fled the scene on foot.
• An attempted vehicle theft was reported in the 700 block of Northwest Pennsylvania Avenue at 8:25 a.m. on Sept. 9. The reporting party stated the car was broken into and it looked like the suspect attempted to start the vehicle.
• Just after 10:25 a.m. on Sept. 9, a caller reported a female suspect tried to steal a bike out of a yard in the 600 block of Northwest Ohio Avenue.
• Just before 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 11, a caller reported the front license plate of their vehicle was possibly stolen from the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the day prior.
• A subject was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree theft after a purse was reported stolen just after 7:15 p.m. on Sept. 12. The purse was reportedly stolen at about 6:30 p.m. that day and the card was subsequently used in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• A stolen motorized scooter was recovered from the 300 block of Northeast Washington Avenue just after 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 9.
Recovered bank card
• At approximately 7:25 p.m. on Sept. 10, a caller reported someone had left their bank card in an ATM in the 700 block of West Main Street.
• A subject reportedly eluded police in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street just after 1:15 a.m. on Sept. 10.
• A physical dispute was reported in the 900 block of Southwest 20th Street just before 3:50 a.m. on Sept. 10.
• Just after 7:50 a.m. on Sept. 11, a caller asked for help on “what to do with (her) 14-year-old grandson living with her (who) won’t get up for school.” Officers attempted to call her back on multiple numbers but she did not answer the phone.
• A male subject was reportedly “naked in the back of (a) building” in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard just after noon on Sept. 11.
Dog in car
• A dog was reportedly locked in a car in the 1300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just before 4:15 p.m. on Sept. 11. The vehicle’s window was “cracked a little bit.”
CENTRALIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A “family dispute involving a civil matter” was reported in the 2600 block of Eureka Avenue just before 11:40 a.m. on Sept. 11.
• A physical dispute between two women was reported at the intersection of Mellen Street and Old Airport Way at 9:55 a.m. on Sept. 12.
• Homeless people were reportedly camping in an RV on private property in the 200 block of North Pearl Street at 12:05 p.m. on Sept. 11. The RV left the property before officers arrived.
• Just after 2:20 a.m. on Sept. 12, a disorderly male subject who was reportedly “jumping and screaming in front of a store on private property” in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue was trespassed from the property at the business management’s request.
• A homeless man was reportedly sleeping in the doorway of a business in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue at approximately 7:40 a.m. on Sept. 12. He was moved along at the business’s request.
• Just after 12:30 a.m. on Sept. 11, there was a report that a male subject shoplifted a cooler from a business in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue the day prior. The case is under investigation.
• The front license plate of a vehicle was reported stolen from the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 10 a.m. on Sept. 12.
• Three juvenile males reportedly stole beer from a convenience store in the 400 block of East Summa Street just after 2:10 p.m. on Sept. 12.
• At approximately 10:35 a.m. on Sept. 12, a female caller reported a male subject offered to fix a dent in her car, so she took him to her residence in the 3300 block of Galvin Road, where he fixed the dent. While there, he used the restroom and the victim believes he stole money out of the house while he was inside. The suspect drove a white car with a Texas license plate.
• An overnight burglary that was reported at approximately 5:45 a.m. on Sept. 13 at a business in the 1300 block of West Reynolds Avenue is under investigation. The suspect(s) broke windows to enter the business and stole money and an iPad.
• A burglary to a business in the 500 block of West Main Street was reported at 6:30 a.m. on Sept. 13. The suspect/s broke the glass door, triggering an audible alarm. Police arrived on scene after being notified and checked the building with a K-9, but nobody was located inside. It is unknown if the suspect/s entered the business. This case is under investigation.
• At 2:25 p.m. on Sept. 11, officers were dispatched to the 1300 block of Harrison Avenue for a report that someone had drilled a hole in a gas tank the previous night.
• Just after 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 12, there was a report that a male suspect “destroyed” the back steps to a building in the 200 block of West Main Street sometime overnight. “Officers have learned the identity of the male and are currently seeking him,” according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Graffiti was reported on a garage in the 1100 block of H Street just before 2:40 p.m. on Sept. 12.
• A homeless man was reportedly “standing on the street corner with his pants down around his knees” at the intersection of Johnson Road and Harrison Avenue just after 3:50 p.m. on Sept. 11. An officer located the subject, “who did have his pants down, but was not exposed.” The subject was warned about indecent exposure.
Attempt to elude/DUI
• Just after 7:30 a.m. on Sept. 12, an officer attempted to stop a vehicle traveling north on Interstate 5 that was traveling at speeds in excess of 90 miles per hour. After the officer caught up to the vehicle with lights and siren activated, the vehicle increased its speed and began passing motorists. The officer did not pursue to comply with state law. After the officer deactivated his emergency equipment, the driver stuck her hand out the sunroof and flipped the officer off and gave a “hang 10” hand sign. The officer, in coordination with Lewis County deputies, re-initiated the traffic stop on I-5 near Exit 81 and successfully stopped the vehicle. Clarissa Chan, 20 of Concord, California, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for attempting to elude police. She was also arrested and referred for a DUI.
• Just after 9:15 a.m. on Sept. 12, there was a report of “juveniles sending/receiving nude photographs” on Virginia Drive.
• A 13-year-old girl was arrested in the 900 block of Johnson Road at approximately 10:05 a.m. on Sept. 12 and was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for allegedly “threatening to take the school security officer’s gun and shoot him with it.”
• Just before 10:10 a.m. on Sept. 12, Centralia police received information from an Oregon law enforcement agency that a suspect in Oregon had used and/or impersonated a Centralia resident. An officer contacted the resident, confirmed her identity, and advised her of the incident.
• A 42-year-old homeless woman from Centralia was issued a summons for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence charges following an incident reported in the 200 block of South Pearl Street just before 11:50 p.m. on Sept. 12.
• A non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at a fuel station in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue just after 1:05 p.m. on Sept. 12.
• Just before 8:20 p.m. on Sept. 12, officers were alerted to the whereabouts of a stolen vehicle that passed through the FLOCK Alert System. Officers located the vehicle in a grocery store parking lot in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested the driver, a 38-year-old Olympia man, for possessing a stolen vehicle and for multiple outstanding warrants.
LEWIS COUNTY JAIL STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 137 inmates, including 123 in the general population and 14 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center (WERC). Of general population inmates, 94 were reported male and 29 were reported female. Of the WERC inmates, 12 were reported male and two were reported female.
Sirens are compiled by reporter Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605 and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you were a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Youth Advocacy Center of Lewis County at 360-623-1990.