ContributorsPublishersAdvertisers

#South Central

wataugaonline.com

NWS Hazardous Weather Outlook for Wednesday November 30, 2022

010845- Ashe-Alleghany NC-Surry-Watauga-Wilkes-Tazewell-Smyth-Bland-Giles- Wythe-Pulaski-Montgomery-Grayson-Carroll-Floyd-Craig-Alleghany VA- Bath-Roanoke-Botetourt-Rockbridge-Patrick-Franklin-Bedford-Amherst- Mercer-Summers-Monroe-Eastern Greenbrier-Western Greenbrier- 339 AM EST Wed Nov 30 2022. This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for north central North Carolina,. northwest North Carolina, central Virginia, south central Virginia,. southwest Virginia, west central Virginia and southeast West. Virginia. .DAY ONE…Today and tonight. Localized strong...
VIRGINIA STATE
Picture for NWS Hazardous Weather Outlook for Wednesday November 30, 2022
WBKO

Ohio murder suspect arrested in Logan County

South Central Kentucky in need of blood as supply runs low. South Central Kentucky blood supply running low as a result of a trio of illnesses. Live Nativity scene happening December 2nd and 3rd in Lewisburg. Updated: 10 hours ago. The location of the event will be at McKinney Park...
LOGAN COUNTY, KY
Picture for Ohio murder suspect arrested in Logan County
Natchitoches Times

NSU, schools close in anticipation of severe weather

All Northwestern State University campuses closed at noon today, Tuesday, Nov. 29 in advance of the threat of severe weather. All classes and events will be cancelled or postponed. Hazardous weather is expected for south central and southwest Arkansas and north central Louisiana, northwest Louisiana, with possibly dangerous road conditions,...
NATCHITOCHES, LA
kqennewsradio.com

HIGH WIND WATCH FOR COASTAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, SOUTH CENTRAL AND CURRY COUNTY COAST

A High Wind Watch is in effect from Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning for coastal Douglas County, the south-central Oregon coast and the Curry County coast. Forecasters at the National Weather Service said south winds of 30 to 40 miles per hour with gusts up to 60 miles per hour are possible at the coastal headlands and exposed locations along Highway 101.
DOUGLAS COUNTY, OR
knopnews2.com

Slick conditions lead to multiple accidents in central Nebraska

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - Road conditions are very slick for drivers in central Nebraska following freezing drizzle and a wintry mix Tuesday. An Amazon truck jackknifed and slid into a ditch on I-80, according to a photo posted by Nebraska State Patrol Troop C which serves south central Nebraska.
NEBRASKA STATE
natchitochesparishjournal.com

NSU closes in advance of severe weather threat

All Northwestern State University campuses closed at noon on Nov. 29 in advance of the threat of severe weather. All classes and events will be cancelled or postponed. Hazardous weather is expected for south central and southwest Arkansas and north central Louisiana, northwest Louisiana, with possibly dangerous road conditions, high winds and power outages.
NATCHITOCHES, LA
weather.gov

Wind Advisory issued for Androscoggin, Central Interior Cumberland, Central Somerset by NWS

Effective: 2022-11-30 13:00:00 EST Expires: 2022-11-30 23:00:00 EST Urgency: Expected Severity: Minor Certainty: Likely Instruction: Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Secure outdoor objects including holiday decorations. Target Area: Androscoggin; Central Interior Cumberland; Central Somerset; Coastal Cumberland; Coastal York; Interior Cumberland Highlands; Interior York; Kennebec; Northern Franklin; Northern Oxford; Southern Franklin; Southern Oxford; Southern Somerset WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 11 PM EST THIS EVENING * WHAT...South winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected. * WHERE...Portions of south central, southwest, west central, and western Maine. * WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 11 PM EST this evening. * IMPACTS...Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...There is the potential for locally damaging winds this afternoon and evening due to short duration convection at the frontal passage.
weather.gov

Winter Storm Warning issued for North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County by NWS

Effective: 2022-11-30 16:00:00 PST Expires: 2022-12-01 22:00:00 PST Urgency: Expected Severity: Moderate Certainty: Likely Instruction: * Travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions. * If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets, food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you. * The safest place during a winter storm is indoors. * A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is imminent and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective action now. Target Area: North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County; South Central Siskiyou County WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 PM PST THURSDAY * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 10 to 20 inches. Winds gusting 25 to 35 mph, but as high as 50 mph over the mountains. * WHERE...South Central Siskiyou County and North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County, including Mount Shasta, Dunsmuir, McCloud and Tennant. This also includes Interstate 5, Highway 89 and Highway 97 near Grass Lake. * WHEN...From 4 PM Wednesday to 10 PM PST Thursday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds will be strongest along I-5 north of Mount Shasta City to Weed. This area could have local white outs and near blizzard conditions at times. This is most likely Wednesday evening and night. There is a 70 percent chance for snowfall rates of over 1 inch per hour during this time period, and 2 inches per hour snowfall rates are possible (30%). * View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?wfo=mfr
SISKIYOU COUNTY, CA
weather.gov

Tornado Watch issued for Clarke, Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Lauderdale by NWS

Effective: 2022-11-30 02:53:00 CST Expires: 2022-11-30 06:00:00 CST Urgency: Expected Severity: Severe Certainty: Likely Target Area: Clarke; Covington; Forrest; Jasper; Jones; Lamar; Lauderdale; Marion; Smith TORNADO WATCH 576 REMAINS VALID UNTIL 6 AM CST EARLY THIS MORNING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN MISSISSIPPI THIS WATCH INCLUDES 9 COUNTIES IN CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI SMITH IN EAST CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI CLARKE JASPER LAUDERDALE IN SOUTH CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI MARION IN SOUTHEAST MISSISSIPPI COVINGTON FORREST JONES LAMAR THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF BAY SPRINGS, COLLINS, COLUMBIA, HATTIESBURG, HEIDELBERG, LAUREL, LUMBERTON, MERIDIAN, MOUNT OLIVE, PURVIS, QUITMAN, RALEIGH, SHUBUTA, STONEWALL, TAYLORSVILLE, AND WEST HATTIESBURG.
CLARKE COUNTY, MS
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE