CreatorsPublishersAdvertisers

#Hot Dog

New York Post

Tufts University student dies after choking during hot dog eating contest

A Tufts University student who recently graduated from a suburban New York high school died Sunday after choking during a hot dog eating contest. Madelyn “Madie” Nicpon, 20, a standout athlete and student leader for Suffern High School Class of 2019, died at a Boston hospital a day after she fell unconscious at an off-campus charity fundraiser, according to the Journal News.
SUFFERN, NY
Picture for Tufts University student dies after choking during hot dog eating contest
TRENDING TOPICS

This Unsuspecting Virginia Eatery Has Been Serving Up World Famous Hot Dogs Since 1925

There are some things that never go out of style. One of them is the classic hot dog. If you agree, then there’s an eatery in Virginia that belongs on your radar. Tucked away in Wytheville, Skeeter’s Hot Dogs has been serving up their world-famous hot dogs since 1925. That means that few things have changed in almost 100 years — but that’s all part of the charm. Here’s more on what you can look forward to when you check out this beloved Virginia eatery.
VIRGINIA STATE

Tufts Lacrosse Player Dies After Choking During Hot Dog-Eating Contest

A junior lacrosse player at Tufts University died Sunday after choking during a Saturday hot dog-eating contest meant to raise money for charity. Madie Nicpon, a 20-year-old biopsychology major, was participating in a “Play for Pink” breast cancer research fundraiser in a Somerville, Massachusetts, apartment off campus with other student athletes. She died at Massachusetts General Hospital. Roughly 3,000 students attended a candlelight vigil for her Sunday evening. A statement from the Tufts lacrosse team reads, “Madie will be remembered as a bright light, a social butterfly, an amazing teammate, a kind and generous person, a wonderful sister and daughter and a Jumbo that we can all aspire to emulate.” A GoFundMe set up to pay her family’s medical and funeral expenses has already raised more than $150,000.
SOMERVILLE, MA
TMZ.com

College Lacrosse Player Dead At 20 After Hot Dog Eating Contest Accident

A 20-year-old Tufts University lacrosse player has died ... after she tragically choked during a hot dog eating contest over the weekend. Madelyn "Madie" Nicpon -- a junior on the Jumbos' lax squad -- was participating in a competitive eating event off-campus on Saturday when something went horribly wrong. According...
SPORTS
TrendHunter.com

Snack-Infused Hot Dog Meals

The Cheetos Flamin’ Hot Stick with Chipotle Aioli is being launched from Hot Dog on a Stick as a new menu item for avid fans of the namesake snack to pick up when seeking out an alternative way to enjoy it. The menu item starts off with any stick item on the menu including Original Turkey, Beef, Veggie or Cheese coated in the brand's signature Party Batter. The hot dog is then drizzled with a Chipotle Aioli sauce before being finished with Cheetos Flamin' Hot for an added touch of spice and crunch.
FOOD & DRINKS
HuffingtonPost

Tufts Lacrosse Player Madie Nicpon Dies After Choking In Charity Hot Dog-Eating Contest

A Tufts University lacrosse player choked to death in a charity hot dog-eating contest over the weekend, according to reports. Madie Nicpon, a 20-year-old junior described by friends as a generous teammate who planned a career in medicine, was competing with other students in the “Play for Pink” breast cancer awareness fundraiser at an off-campus home in Somerville, Massachusetts, Saturday when the accident happened, a friend told NewsCenter 5.
SOMERVILLE, MA
WJTV.com

Spooky eats return for Hattiesburg Zoo Boo

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – Nine nights of Spooky Family Fun will return to the Hattiesburg Zoo. The annual Zoo Boo Halloween Party will take place nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. beginning Friday, October 22. The event will run through Saturday, October 30. Guests can enjoy everything from the...
HATTIESBURG, MS

US student dies after choking during hot dog eating competition

A 20-year-old student from the Tufts University of Massachusetts choked to death after participating in a hotdog eating competition last week.Madelyn “Madie” Nicpon was at an off-campus fundraiser where she participated in a hotdog eating contest on Saturday. Nicpon was rushed to a Boston hospital after she suddenly started choking and fell unconscious, Journal News reported. She died the next day.Nicpon was a student leader for Suffern High School Class of 2019 and an athlete. “A native of Suffern, New York, Madie was a biopsychology major, a member of the women’s lacrosse team, and an active member of our community,”...
ACCIDENTS
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE