ContributorsPublishersAdvertisers

Richmond, KY Accidents

WKYT 27

Man dies after crashing on I-64 in Lexington

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man is dead after a crash on I-64 in Lexington. Police say a vehicle was traveling westbound and lost control, ending up off the road near the northern split. The Fayette Co. Coroner confirms Barry Lucas, 63, from Scott County was killed. A second car...
LEXINGTON, KY
Picture for Man dies after crashing on I-64 in Lexington
WTVQ

Firefighters train for ice rescues

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – This time of year, freezing temperatures can ice over ponds and lakes in the area, which police say can be dangerous for people daring to venture onto it. It’s why Lexington firefighters train for icy rescues. According to the Lexington fire department, it takes about two inches of ice to support most people on frozen bodies of water.
LEXINGTON, KY
Picture for Firefighters train for ice rescues
Lexington Herald-Leader

Coroner confirms fatality in crash that shut down part of I-64 Monday night

A driver from Scott County was killed Monday evening as a result of a crash on I-64, according to Lexington police and the Fayette County Coroner. The driver, Barry Lucas, 63, left the roadway on the right side of I-64 westbound near the 72 mile-marker after losing control of his vehicle, per police and the coroner. Lucas went down an embankment and hit a tree, which sparked a vehicle fire.
LEXINGTON, KY
Picture for Coroner confirms fatality in crash that shut down part of I-64 Monday night
RELATED LOCATIONS
spectrumnews1.com

Lexington Fire Department prepares for ice related incidents

LEXINGTON,Ky. — With the cooler temperatures, firefighters in Fayette County are warning people to stay off of what may seem like ice on ponds. Captain Dustin Whited with the Lexington Fire Department says his crew gets very few chances of practicing ice rescue in realistic conditions. “We don’t have...
LEXINGTON, KY
Advocate Messenger

Boyle fire department responds to structure fire

The Boyle County Fire Department received a call at 4:56 p.m. from the Danville 911 center reporting a structure fire in the Minors Branch Rd area in the Forkland community in the western part of Boyle County. Upon arrival BCFD personnel found a structure with heavy fire and smoke visible, the extreme cold temperatures added to the difficulty. All BCFD personnel are now clear from the scene. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
BOYLE COUNTY, KY
IN RICHMOND
FireEngineering.com

Woman, Dog Rescued From Lexington (KY) House Fire

Jan. 19—A woman and her dog were rescued from a house fire on Johnson Avenue late Tuesday night, according to the Lexington Fire Department and media reports. The fire on the 400 block of Johnson Avenue near the Lexington Traditional Magnet School was first reported just before midnight, per the fire department. When firefighters arrived, they found a fire on the second story of an apartment building.
LEXINGTON, KY
Lexington Herald-Leader

Two people sent to the hospital after fiery crash in Lexington

Two people in Lexington were sent to the hospital Wednesday evening as a result of a fiery crash, according to Lexington police. The single-vehicle accident took place on Old Todds Road and Pinewood Court just after 7:30 p.m., police said. Officers were dispatched for a report of an injury accident with the car on fire and when they arrived, the occupants had already evacuated.
LEXINGTON, KY
foxlexington.com

Lexington Fire Department contains Rockbridge Road house fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) — The Lexington Fire Department has contained a house fire in the 900 block of Rockbridge Road. According to Lexington Fire Department Major Jessica Bowman, crews were dispatched to the home around 10 a.m. Tuesday. Upon arrival, Bowman said they discovered heavy smoke and a...
LEXINGTON, KY
WTVQ

Woman, dog rescued from apartment fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A woman and her dog were rescued from an apartment fire in Lexington late Tuesday night, according to the Lexington Fire Department. Just before midnight, fire crews responded to the 400 block of Johnson Avenue for the report of a fire. Crews found a fire in a second-floor apartment building and were able to contain it to the apartment and extinguish it quickly, the department said.
LEXINGTON, KY
Lexington Herald-Leader

Woman, dog rescued from Lexington house fire

A woman and her dog were rescued from a house fire on Johnson Avenue late Tuesday night, according to the Lexington Fire Department and media reports. The fire on the 400 block of Johnson Avenue near the Lexington Traditional Magnet School was first reported just before midnight, per the fire department. When firefighters arrived, they found a fire on the second story of an apartment building.
LEXINGTON, KY
Lexington Herald-Leader

Firefighters contain small fire in second story of home on Rockbridge Road

The Lexington Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Rockbridge Road Tuesday morning. The fire was first reported at 10:04 a.m., according to dispatch. Upon arrival, firefighters found a small fire on the second story of the home near the backside of the residence, according to the fire department.
LEXINGTON, KY

Ice resurfacing machine explodes inside Kentucky ice rink

LEXINGTON, Ky. — A video posted to Twitter shows the shocking moment inside an ice rink when an ice resurfacing machine exploded while skaters were on the ice. Employees were replacing a propane tank on the ice resurfacing machine at the Lexington Ice Center in Lexington, Kentucky, Saturday when a leak caused the explosion, WKYT reported. One of the business’ owners, David Christopher, told the station nobody was injured, and there was no damage caused by the explosion.
LEXINGTON, KY
foxlexington.com

‘We walked out of a miracle’: Lexington ice rink back open after weekend fire

LEXINGTON, Ky. (FOX 56) — A Lexington ice rink is back open for business after a weekend fire sent skaters rushing to safety. At around 9:15 p.m. Saturday, fire crews responded after a small explosion occurred inside the Lexington Ice Center. Owner David Christopher said it happened when employees were attempting to change a propane tank on the ice resurfacing machine.
LEXINGTON, KY