Sergi Roberto is close to finalising a new Barcelona contract that will see him reduce his wages by 50% in order to stay with his boyhood club.
Joining the club as a 14-year-old in 2006, it seems that some 16 years later Sergi Roberto is headed for the exit door and will leave boyhood club FC Barcelona for good. Roberto has enjoyed a highly-successful tenure in the first team since breaking through to it as an 18-year-old in 2010. His trophy cabinet is brimming with at least six La Liga titles and a Champions League crown in 2015, with his name forever etched in Blaugrana history for scoring the winning goal in the monumental 6-1 comeback win over Paris Saint Germain on the continent in 2016.
Arsenal are understood to be hopeful of signing Sergi Roberto from Barcelona this summer. The Spain international, 30, has a deal which ends in June, with the playmaker currently stuck on the sidelines since undergoing thigh surgery. The Sun, which cites Spain’s Marca, says the Gunners have been given hope due to Roberto’s planned meeting to discuss a new contract with Barca bosses after Christmas reportedly not eventuating.
Barcelona’s long-term injury woes continue to pile on. The injury problems at Barcelona have been well documented and resulted in the reallocation or firings of physios in medical personnel within the club. Unfortunately for Xavi and the team, the hits keep on coming. Barcelona revealed that midfielder/right back Sergi Roberto...
Barcelona have confirmed that utility man Sergi Roberto has suffered a thigh injury which will keep him out of Saturday's meeting with Alaves. Roberto managed an hour of Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Rayo Vallecano, after which he complained of muscle pain which came him out of training on Thursday. His...
Arsenal and Manchester City are both interested in bringing Sergi Roberto to the Premier League, according to reports. The versatile Spain international, who can play at full-back or in midfield, is out of contract at Barcelona next summer. He has yet to agree a new contract with the Catalan giants...
Barcelona utility man Sergi Roberto has confessed he remains in talks over a contract extension at Camp Nou and expects to see things wrapped up soon. Talks over a new contract have rumbled on for months but looked to hit a wall last week, when reports emerged suggesting negotiations had broken down completely and the 29-year-old was set to leave the club when his deal expires in the summer.
Man City monitoring Sergi Roberto situation at Barca (Calcio Mercato) Arsenal eager to sign Real Betis star Fekir (Fichajes) It’s been another productive week for Liverpool’s Egyptian King. Another game, another goalscoring masterclass. More records, more milestones, more weight to the theory that Mohamed Salah really does deserve his place...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Sergi Roberto's Barcelona contract talks have stalled with the midfielder's current deal set to expire at the end of the season. Roberto was widely expected to depart Catalonia this past summer, only for the club to U-turn after he agreed a significant pay cut. Despite this, he is not a...
Barcelona travelled to Andalusia this evening to take on Cadiz at the Estadio Nuevo Mirandilla. They’re living a moment of crisis, with tensions running high between the president Joan Laporta and the coach Ronald Koeman. They went into the game hoping for a positive performance and a good result to calm things down but they didn’t get either, drawing 0-0 and failing to inspire.
Sergi Roberto has insisted that Barcelona 'must' win La Liga this season, also claiming that their rivals do not have stronger squads than the Blaugrana. Roberto was strongly linked with a move away from Camp Nou before eventually agreeing to a wage cut and remaining one of the club's captains. Despite this, he has been roundly booed at several games this season.
Sergi Roberto is said to be hoping to return to his natural position sooner rather than later. Roberto is a very useful asset for Barcelona due to, not only his high quality, but his versatility. And due to the absence of Pedri through holidays earlier this season, he has often...
Sergi Roberto has agreed a new two-year contract extension with Barcelona - and the deal is set to be made official next week. Having entered the final 12 months of his contract, Roberto began the summer on the transfer list at Camp Nou but eventually talked his way into an extension, with those in charge at Barcelona prepared to keep him around if he agreed to a pay cut.
Pique 'hurt' by Barcelona fan treatment of Sergi Roberto in Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich
Gerard Pique said he was "hurt" to hear the jeers directed at Barcelona team-mate Sergi Roberto on Tuesday in a 3-0 Champions League group stage defeat to Bayern Munich. Fans at Camp Nou grew impatient with Sergi Roberto as he struggled in his wing-back role and whistled at him when he was substituted off in the 59th minute.
Barcelona faced Bayern Munich at Camp Nou tonight, a re-run of the 8-2 defeat they suffered in Lisbon in the quarter-final Champions League back in August of 2020. They’ve fallen on hard times as they embark on life post-Lionel Messi, and suffered a comprehensive 3-0 defeat at the hands of their German visitors. They quite simply couldn’t compete.