Normandy Park Blog

Ask Recology: Where can I take my plastic bags and film?

Welcome to “Ask Recology,” a monthly feature from sponsor Recology King County. I am wondering where I can take my plastic bags and film. I know that they are not recyclable in my curbside bin, but I always have a lot at my house and would like to know if there is another way to get rid of them besides just putting them in the trash. I hate sending things to the landfill!
Picture for Ask Recology: Where can I take my plastic bags and film?

LETTER: Port of Seattle responds – ‘Airport programs create habitat, strengthen native species’

[EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is a Letter to the Editor, written by a verified resident. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions of South King Media, nor its staff:]. The Port of Seattle, the operator of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, is working in strong partnership with the City of SeaTac and other airport communities to preserve trees and green spaces to support a healthy environment now and for the future.

DAL Law Firm: What is a Quit Title Action in Washington?

In Washington State, there is a type of lawsuit called a quit title action. A quit title action is a legal proceeding used to confirm or clarify the ownership of real estate. A quit title suit can settle a dispute over who owns real property. It can also fix a technical error in the chain of title to real property. Sometimes a mortgage is not released, even after being paid. The goal of the lawsuit is to settle all known and unknown claims, thus “quitting” the title in a specific owner or owners.