The First National Bank of Marshall opened its doors on Sept. 8, 1891. The original capital stock of $50,000 was owned by H.M. Langland, G.W. Pitts, M.W. Harden, R.M. Addison, C.F. Johnson, Olof Pehrson, F.E. Parsons, and Andrew Nelson. These men also served in management of the bank as the first officers and directors. At the end of the first year’s business, deposits totaled around $50,000.