Creighton, SD


Deputy rescues man from fire at Cactus Cafe and Lounge

WALL, S.D. (KELO) — A Pennington County Sheriff’s deputy rescued a man from the burning Cactus Cafe and Lounge in Wall Monday night. As smoke was coming from the building, officials say Deputy Lindquist went into the burning building to help evacuate people that might have been inside. Lindquist then went into the upper floor living area where he found a man trapped in a room.
Picture for Deputy rescues man from fire at Cactus Cafe and Lounge

Ravnsborg removed; deputy saves man from fire; Tea bond passed

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — It’s Wednesday, June 22. Start your day with KELOLAND On The Go with everything you need to know in news and weather. The South Dakota state senate has removed Jason Ravnsborg from his position as attorney general. Crews from several departments continue battling...
Picture for Ravnsborg removed; deputy saves man from fire; Tea bond passed

Fire destroys Main Street business in Wall, South Dakota

WALL, S.D. – A Monday night fire in Wall has destroyed the Cactus Cafe and Lounge on the town’s Main Street. The Wall Fire Department says they were dispatched to the business and found a free burning fire with a heavy smoke condition. The fire was extending into the roof assembly and they immediately struck a second alarm. Due to the nature of the fire and amount of neighboring structures, the fire went to multiple alarms.

South Dakota sheriff’s deputy braves fire to save a life

WALL, S.D. ( — A sheriff’s deputy is being recognized for his bravery during the Cactus Bar fire in Wall, South Dakota. The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office said after a search of the restaurant area, Deputy Lindquist was directed to the living quarters in the upper floor of the building. The deputy, with the help of another citizen, pulled a man through a window and escorted him to safety. Lindquist also prevented some who had evacuated from re-entering the burning building to search for others. Deputy Lindquist was treated and released on scene for smoke inhalation.

Pennington Deputy kept people safe while Wall building burned

WALL, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook a heroic story of a deputy who kept people safe while a building in Wall was engulfed in flames. According to the post, Pennington County Sheriff’s Deputy Lindquist was on duty when the Cactus Bar...

Longstanding Wall Business Burns Completely

Cactus Cafe & Lounge building gone, Fire Dept. saves remaining local businesses on west side of Main St. Just before 9:00 p.m. on Monday, June 20, multiple fire departments addressed a major fire at the Cactus Cafe and Lounge in downtown Wall. According to the Pennington County Fire Administration, those who arrived on scene first found heavy smoke conditions and a free burning fire "extending into the roof assembly of [the] commercial structure with residential occupancy." They immediately struck a second alarm, later amounting to multiple alarms.

A Wall business was destroyed in overnight fire

WALL, S.D. (KEVN) - At around 8:45 P.M on June 20th the Wall Fire Department received a report that there was a fire at the Cactus Café and Lounge and upon arrival, the fire had escaped to the lower level and was coming out of the doors and windows. “It came out from underneath all the doors at the front of the café, the wind sucked underneath these awnings and started the awning on fire to the adjacent buildings,” said Wall Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief, Jim Kitterman.

Officials investigating fire at Cactus Cafe and Lounge

WALL, S.D. (KELO) — Officials in Pennington County are looking into what sparked a fire overnight in Wall. The Pennington County Fire Service says it happened at the Cactus Cafe and Lounge. Firefighters were called to the fire just before 9 p.m. Monday. Those first on scene found smoke...

Fire destroys Wall cafe

WALL, S.D. (KOTA) - A multiple alarm fire burned Monday night in Wall. Shortly before 9 p.m., the Wall Volunteer Fire Department was called to the Cactus Cafe and Lounge on Main Street. Firefighters who arrived on the scene discovered a free-burning fire and heavy smoke. The fire fire had reached the roof of the building, which also held some residential space.