OXFORD, Mich. (AP) — Policies and procedures that could have prevented a mass shooting that left four students dead at a Michigan high school last year were approved earlier but never implemented, two former school board officials said Monday. Tom Donnelly and Korey Bailey, who recently resigned as Oxford Community Schools’ board president and treasurer, told reporters that a threat assessment policy had been adopted by the district in 2004 and was later updated. Bailey said he first learned about the policy in August. He calls it “an operational guide for preventing school violence” that defines the roles of teachers, counselors and other staff when there are indications of a possible threat. He also said it never was put into practice in Oxford school buildings prior to Nov. 30, 2021. Wednesday will mark the one-year anniversary of the shooting at Oxford High School that also wounded six other students and a teacher.