TICONDEROGA | Fort Ticonderoga has received funding from the International Paper Foundation to support the preservation and installment of an important portrait of WWI veteran and museum co-founder Stephen Hyatt Pelham Pell. The 1920 painting is the work of noted portrait painter DeWitt M. Lockman (1870-1957). This project supports the conservation of this painting as it prepares for its role in telling the many stories connected to the National Historic Landmark Pavilion, the circa 1826-1837 summer home of the Pell family at Ticonderoga. It will be on display in the Pavilion when it opens to the public this August. A full-length portrait of museum co-founders Sarah Pell with her children and her husband, Stephen Pell, in his First World War uniform will be installed in the Pavilion.