Get updates delivered to you daily. Free and customizable.
Center Light and Champion
SHELBY COUNTY HOMECOMING ACTIVITIES
By News Staff,
SHELBY COUNTY HOMECOMING ACTIVITIES News Staff Thu, 09/28/2023 - 05:14 Image Body
CHS homecoming pep rally Friday, Sept. 29, from 1:50-2:20. Doors will open to the public at 1:35. The Homecoming Coronation Ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. Sweethearts and beau photos representing campus organizations and grade level duchesses did not arrive in time for publishing in today’s Light and Champion. See them at lightandchampion. com.
CHS Class of 1963
Center High School Class of 1963 will have their reunion at the old Lamar School Building on the Upper Arcadia Road Saturday, Sept. 29. Friends will gather about 11 a.m., visit and enjoy lunch and more visiting. Classes above or below 1963 are invited to come visit with former classmates. Call 903-9313608 for more information.
CHS Class of 1968
Center High School Class of 1968 reunion plans include events for Friday, Sept. 29 and Saturday, Sept. 30.
• Events planned for the Class of ’68 include Friday, Sept. 29 pre-game at 7:00 p.m. The game starts at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 30, meet at 3:30 p.m. at the Farmers State Bank drive-thru bank parking lot for the homecoming parade.
• Also Saturday, Sept. 30 at 6:00 p.m., a reunion is planned at The Red Brick Social House. Class members are asked to please send contact information to Geenie Barbee, call or text 936-488-0401 or Catherine Livingston, call or text 936-332-0060, or Facebook message.
Contact Karol (Emanis) Elder at 832-514-8747 if you would like to go to the game or join others for a meal.
CHS Class of 1967
The Center High School Class of 1967 reunion plans include events for Friday, Sept. 29 and Saturday, Sept. 30.
• Events planned are Friday, Sept. 29 pregame 7:00 p.m., football game 7:30 followed by snacks at Rancho Grande, 8:30 p.m. Saturday Alumni Association Meeting at Windham Civic Center 10:00 registration, 11 a.m. program, followed by lunch at Joe’s Italian Restaurant. Meet at 3:30 p.m. at the Farmers State Bank drive-in parking lot for the homecoming parade. Reunion party at the Center Sanitarium located on County Road 3047 off Loop 500 at 6:30 p.m. Please send your contact email to Joy Ann Weaver Havran, P.O. Box 101182, Fort Worth, Texas 76185.
CHS Class of 1973
The CHS class of 1973 will have a section to sit together at the game Friday Sept. 29 at 7:30 p.m. Buy your tickets at the gate at Roughrider Stadium.
Saturday, Sept. 30 at 10:00 a.m. for the All Alumni Meeting at the Civic Center. Also Saturday at 2:30 p.m. meet to decorate the parade float at 302 George Ihlo Dr. Then ride in the Homecoming Parage at 4:00 p.m.
7:00 pm – Dinner at Joe’s Italian Restaurant (on the square) Please RSVP for the dinner, coffee mug and t-shirts at chsroughriders73@ gmail.com or call Deborah Worsham
CHS Class of 1978
The CHS class of 1978 will celebrate their 45th reunion Saturday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m. at the home of Roy Blackshear, 227 Pine Street in Center.
Center Alumni Association
• Friday, Sept. 29 at 3 p.m. - CHS Homecoming Pep Rally in the CHS gym. Possible Bon Fire Rally, weather permitting. (TBD)
• Friday, Sept. 29 at 7:30 p.m. - CHS Homecoming Game kickoff. Crowning of the Homecoming Queen and Court will be pre-game - arrive early.
• Saturday, Sept. 30 - CHS Annual Alumni Association Meeting at the Windham Civic Center. Doors open at 9 a.m., meeting 10-11 a.m. Hall of Honor Award presented during this time.
• Saturday, Sept. 30 at 4 p.m. CHS Homecoming Parade – On the Downtown Center Square. Participants line up at the Farmer’s Bank drive through.
For more information, or to contact us: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerhighschoolalumni/ Email: email@example.com