Open in App
Limitless Media

Three arrested following theft at Target in West Saint Paul, Minnesota

Photo byLimitless Production Group LLC

WEST ST PAUL, MINNESOTA - Around 11:40 AM on Tuesday, March 7, 2023, West St Paul Police received a call for a possible theft in progress at the Target at 1750 Robert St in West St Paul, Minnesota. Employees at the business estimate the amount of merchandise they were in the process of stealing had a value of over $1,000. According to scanner traffic, there are three suspects involved in this incident, two males who were inside the store and one female who was reported to be in a vehicle in the parking lot. The suspects in this incident are reportedly known to the business, as they had stolen an estimated $30,000 worth of merchandise last week.

According to scanner traffic, police arrived on the scene a few minutes later and were able to find the suspect vehicle which was reportedly unoccupied at the time. At the same time, the two suspects were exiting the store, saw the squad car, and then ran. Multiple West St Paul police officers arrived on the scene shortly after and were looking for the two suspects that had run and the third suspect who was initially in the car.

Just before 11:50 AM, West St Paul police officers were able to arrest one suspect who had fled and was hiding behind the Applebee's Grill and Bar across the street from the Target. Police continued to search for the two other outstanding suspects. The female driver was said to be hiding in the Target parking lot between some vehicles from a witness. By around 11:50 AM and after a small foot pursuit, West St Paul police officers were able to take a second suspect into custody behind the Walmart which was located across the street to the north of the Target store. A few minutes later, West St Paul police officers were able to find the third and final suspect hiding between vehicles in the Target parking lot with police confirming there were only three suspects and all were now in custody just before noon.

We have reached out to the West St Paul, Minnesota Police Department for an official statement on the incident, but we have not heard back from them yet. When they release an official statement, we will post an update.

Expand All
Comments / 0
Add a Comment

Comments / 0